He heard some noises. Monsters were close. He took his silver sword and he was waiting. Suddenly something jumped on him but he managed to jumped away. The drowner ended on the ground but he quickly stood up. Meanwhile two another drowners attacked him from behind. He quickly turned around and he made sign Igni. The monsters started burning, but the first drowner jumped on him and he bit him into his arm. Geralt elbowed him and he cut him with his sword. He turned around again and attacked the others drowners who were almost burned and they died after some seconds. Geralt then sat down. He needed to prepare on his fight with Basilisk. Maybe he'll meet another drowners on his way but he can handle them without elixirs and oils.
When he ended with preparation, he drank elixirs Golden Oriole which will provide resistance from Basilisk's Venom and Thunderbolt. He also put oil against Draconids on his silver sword. When he was ready, he continued deeper into sewers. He met some drowners again and he killed them easily. Then he came into big hall where ended many corridors. He noticed bones and also dead bodies on the ground. There were many feathers on the ground too. It had to be the Basilisk's nest. He then hid in the one of the corridor and he was waiting when the monster will finally showed up.

He was waiting at least one hour when Basilisk showed up. Geralt didn't see him but he heard him. His medallion started shaking. He went to the middle of the hall. He was listening noises of his wings, he was trying to figure out where he was. The monster suddenly attacked him from behind. He managed to jump away but the monster's claws hit him. He quickly turned around. Basilisk attacked him again from the sky, he did sign Igni and the monster fell to the ground. He ran towards the monster and he hit Basilisk with his sword. The monster screamed. Basilisk quickly stood up and he attacked the witcher but Geralt stopped the monster with his sword. They were fighting on the ground too long. Then the Basilisk flew up. He started circulating in the sky around the witcher. Geralt was watching the monster with his cat eyes.
"You lost your nerves?!" Geralt shouted at him.
Basilisk then attacked again and Geralt hit the monster with his sword but in that moment Basilisk grabbed Geralt with his claws and he knocked down to the water. The monster landed on the witcher and it wanted to kill him. Geralt was trying to throw monster away from himself but Basilisk was too strong. He scratched the witcher's chest. Geralt sighed painfully. Geralt then managed kick Basilisk and the monster fell to the ground. Geralt quickly stood up, he cut one of the monster's wings. Basilisk started to defending himself but Geralt in that moment stabbed him into chest. Basilisks fell down killed on the ground.
The witcher sighed. He then looked at himself, his whole armor was covered with slops.
"Fuck.. that stink.." Geralt sighed and took his knife. He then cut Basilisks head to show it like a proof later.

"You stink Geralt.." Yennefer said while she was preparing some potion.
"I was in the sewers and I fell down to the water with slops.. What did you expect Yen? That I will smell like a flowers?" Geralt frowned.
"I expect you to wash yourself immediately." she commanded him. "In the bathtub is still water."
Geralt frowned and without words he undressed himself and then he slowly entered into bathtub.
"To the hell! This water is so cold. Could you warm the water?" he looked at her.
"No.. the spell will pointlessly exhausted me and the cold water is good for your organism after the elixirs.." she still didn't look at him.
Geralt didn't answer. He knew that arguing with Yennefer won't make any sense.
"Anyway, did you succeed? What kind of monster it was?" she was bit curious.
"Basilisk. It looks like a dragon but it has beak instead of teeth and it lives in the dark places. It wasn't easy fight.. to be honest." Geralt stood up from bathtub after he washed himself.
"I didn't need to know every detail of this monster.. the name would be enough for me.." Yennefer admitted. Then she turned to him on the chair.
"You should rest Geralt. The elixirs exhausted you.. " she told him honestly.
"I'm not exhausted." Geralt protested.
"And please stop using them finally. They are just destroying you." she was serious. The witcher sat down on the bed. Yennefer stood up and came to him.
"I must use them before every fight. You know that." Geralt was defending himself.
"Geralt, lay down before the elixirs put you down." she sat down next to him on the bed.
"They won't.." he didn't finish because he suddenly felt cold and spasms in the whole body. He started trembling. He's again underestimated power of elixirs.

"Shit.." he said quietly for himself and he laid down on the bed.
"I told you that." she shaked her head. Geralt frowned.
"I'll look at you.. maybe that monster hurt you somewhere and the wounds can be infected." she was worried about him.
"I would feel it.." he said slowly. The exhaustion was working properly.
"Do not tell me this. You wouldn't feel that your leg is broken because of elixirs.." Yennefer said strictly and Geralt just sighed.
How he could be so irresponsible sometimes? Yennefer thought. She was really mad at him because of it. She cared about him and he was not making it very easy for her. She narrowed her eyes on him and then she started searching for wounds on his body. After couple of minutes she angrily raised her eyes at him.
"I found two wounds Geralt. They are already infected. So, you wanna tell me that you felt it?" she raised her eyebrow. Her tone of voice was serious.
"Basilisk hit me many times but I didn't feel it that way.." he looked at her. "Fine, I'll use my elixir to neutralize the infection.." he slowly raised up on his arms.
"No, you won't use any other your elixirs before my eyes. Use them when I don't see you." she said strictly.
"But the infection.." she interrupted him.
"I prepared my own potion for you which will stop the infection and it won't do any damage to your organism." she calmed down a bit. She stood up and went towards her table.
"Thank you Yen." he smiled at her when she came back to him.
She didn't answer but Geralt knew she heard him. She has communicated in this way very often. Yennefer sat down on the bed and she put the potion on his wounds. Geralt sighed painfully and then he suddenly started feeling exhaustion again. Then he slowly started falling asleep. She lay down next to him and caressed his face.

After couple of hours Geralt opened his eyes. He noticed Yennefer laying on his chest. He smiled under his nose. He loved to be in her presence. He turned to her and softly caressed her hair.
"How are you feeling?" she asked him. She surprised him, he thought she was sleeping.
"Better. Thanks to you." he smiled. She raised her eyes at him.
"You have 26 six wounds.. and two another now.." she caressed one of his wound. "Does it hurt too much?" she asked him.
"Sometimes it hurt and sometimes I don't feel it because you know why.." Geralt was honest.
"You're risking your life every time when you fight Geralt.." she didn't like the idea of losing him.
"I don't like it too.. but I'm the witcher. It's my lifestyle Yen and I can't change it." he explained but suddenly he felt the exhaustion again and he quickly fell asleep.
"Geralt?" she called on him but he didn't answer. She shaked her head and smiled. She's never felt so safe and calmly with anybody before. She embraced him tightly and then she fell asleep peacefully at his chest.

THE END: Chapter 11