8. Lets go for a walk

"Fuck!" I screamed, holding onto my chest, "shouldn't you be at school?"

"I need to check up on you, you didn't text."

"Uh, okay? So you just sat there for what 5 hours?" I asked bewildered.

He chuckled.
"No, I ditched last period. Your mom said you weren't going to wake till late in the afternoon."

I nodded my head.
"Well, uh thanks... I'm well."
I downed another mouthful of noodles.

He stood up from the seat and a bouquet of flowers was evident in his hand. I nearly choked on my noodles, uh- What!?!

"Theses are from Mom. We were going to come past and check in on you."

I smiled. "Thanks." I filled a vase with water and placed it beside my windowsill.

"How was your hangout with your friend the other day?" I asked, trying to start conversation.

His face went red.

"Sorry, I don't think I shouldn't have said anything, just trying to start conversation." I chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh, no. I get it, it was....." he paused trying to think of the right words.
"It was nice." He shrugged his shoulder.

I laughed and he looked at me confused.

"So, you still up for the cranium shaker?" I asked.

His eyebrows knitted together.
"Didn't you just break a bone?" He questioned confused.

I nodded my head, trying to figure where he was getting at.

"I don't think you can go on rides with a fractured bone."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, and?"

"Oh, okay." He looked down.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Look can we just go for a walk, I need fresh air."

"Oh, okay... let me get changed."

He followed me up to my room.

He sat on my bed in a concentrated glare at the wall.

I walked around the room, grabbing different articles of clothing all over the place.

I took of my pants and slipped on jeans.

"Hey uh, can you help me with my shirt?" I asked. He lifted it up and exposed the lace bralette.

(Girl, trust me this would've been the perfect time to add a intimate scene but Rodrick's on edge and JACKIE BROKE HER FUCKING COLLARBONE! Ain't nobody getting nasty with a broken bone )

He stared awkwardly and I smiled at him, to remove less tension.

He perched back down on the bed, still containing that stressed glance.

I found some old shirt from the camp we went to together and stuck it on my head like it was a pair of underwear. I started jumping around and making silly noise at him, also known as the dance we had to come up with at camp

He couldn't help but smile and occasionally chuckle.

I threw it in the corner the camp shirt in the corner and grabbed out a cropped checkered button up shirt.
I slipped it over one shoulder and got assistance from Rodrick for my other shoulder. He insisted to button it up and I chucked on some sneakers, finally heading outside.

"What do you need to get off your chest?" I questioned.

He looked up at me.
"Nothing in particular, just wanted to walk around and talk, just be around you."

I questioned the comment for a while, honestly I'm not complaining though.

We walked down the next block.

"Aren't you scared someone's going to see us?" I asked.

"What? No! I don't care anymore, your my bestest of best friends!" He exclaimed. My heart started beating rapidly, damn am I going to have a heart attack or go into cardiac arrest if this boy is around me any longer.

"Why don't you come to band practice this afternoon?" He asked.

I sighed.
"I'm sorry, I can't... moms paranoid about my collarbone, I need to get a check up around the time Will gets home.

"Oh, that's okay... you can come another time."

"Yeah, that would be great."

We started to walk back home, since my appointment would be soon.

I walked inside to see mom outing something in the oven.

He stood up and turned around to see me standing there.

She almost had a heart attack.
"I thought you were in your room!" She exclaimed in disbelief.

I chuckled to myself as I walked back into my room, for a quick freshen up and well, to see Rodrick.

I quickly sprayed deodorant on and brushed my hair.

I looked out my window to see Rodrick and waved at him then left my room.

I walked with mom and Will into the hospital and they made sure I didn't wet my bandages, but still ended up
removing and refreshing them.

They did a quick clean of under my chin. Making sure it didn't get infected then put a big bandaid on it.

On the way back home we stopped at the store and bought some stuff to make apple pie. I'll see if holly could come over and help, considering she loved cooking.

I walked to bed and sat on my phone for the next couple of hours, texting Rodrick.

My heart went oof! God damn what is he doing to me?