2. Swimming in the deep end

Roderick Heffley POV:
I looked out of my window into Jackie's and she slammed the door in a rush and started shedding from her clothes till she was in her underwear. She stopped at a halt and scurried around looking for something. Jackie hid behind the room divider and I saw her bottoms and bra get flung over the top of the border covering my view from her. She walked out and struck a quick pose in the mirror wearing her baby blue bikini. I chuckled to myself at the action. She then opened the door and rushed down the stairs.

Jackie Cornell's POV:
"You're the rotten egg!" I taunted at Will, who was struggling to jump the fence from being so short. I skipped over to the gate and opened it for him to get inside.

Will took off his shirt and straight up went into the water without getting changed, mom's not going to be happy about that. I bombed into the pool wetting my hair then slicking it back.

"What are you doing!" Screeched Mom.
I just nervously smiled at her while Will sunk to the bottom of the pool. The sad excuse he called hiding.

Mom sighed, "Might as well invite the Heffley's over."  She suggested. Will almost instantly jumped out of the pool and grabbed a towel to run next door. I slicked my hair back once last time then got out and hung the towel around my shoulders and grabbed my phone. I walked inside the already opened door and greeted Susan. I heard yelling and screaming going on upstairs and went up. I saw Rodrick standing by Greg's door, blocking it. I snaked past him because I heard my name being whispered from his room.

I slipped inside the door and saw Greg crouched in the corner.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"I kinda pissed off Rodrick."
"Language!" I cut him off.
He rolled his eyes then proceeded.
"Basically he thinks I'm in my room, but Will is in there." I nodded then placed my phone on Rodrick's bedside table.

"Okay I'll get him out of there but, do you guys wanna come over to swim?" I asked.
He smiled.
"It's pretty hot, I think I'd like that."
I nodded then gestured for Greg to hide in the bathroom. I closed Rodrick's door and walked over to him.

"Hey Roddy, you coming over to swim?" I asked.
He turned around and went red.
"Oh, okay." He stuttered trying to look at my face.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
He looked back down. "I uh- nothing, nothing at all." He looked back down at my chest. I smirked then he quickly left to his room.

"Will open the door." I said. I walked to my backyard with Greg and Will following behind.

"We'll be back Mrs Heffley, taking the boys for a swim."
I would've taken Manny but I don't think he could swim yet, the pool was pretty deep.

After 5 minute Rodrick came in from the gate and locked it. I laid, sprawled
on the sun lounge. Rodrick jumped into the pool soaking me wet.

"Hey!" I gawked.
All the boys laughed at me.
I jumped up from my chair and charged at Rodrick.
He chuckled and we came back up to the surface. He wrapped his long lanky arms around me, refusing for me to move.
"Rodrick Heffley!" I squealed.
He let go of me and I grasped the top of his head and push him down. I felt him rise back up underneath me and pick me up.

I screamed a little bit too unnecessarily.
"Rodrick put me down!"  He spun me around and I couldn't help but laugh.

He fell backwards in the water causing me to fall off his shoulders.

"Oh, it's on!" I tormented then went underwater in sync with Rodrick. I felt Greg climb onto my shoulders while Will climbed onto Rodrick's.

I came back up and the boys started fighting each other. Who was going to win? I rammed towards Will and got a good angle for Greg to charge at Will.

Will flew back and Rodrick came crashing down with him.

I hi-fived Greg as we laughed. I hopped out of the water and handed everyone a icy pole and ran one over to manny. I came back and laid on the sun lounge and heard someone walk pass. I looked up to see Rodrick , of course.

"Hey, Rod."
"Yeah?"
"Can you rub this shit on my back?" I asked undoing the lower string of my bikini.
"What am I? Your slave?"
"Yes, yes you are." I replied grinning
"Uh, ok?" He used the applicator and put it on my back and my legs.

"Cool, thanks."

I reckon I fell asleep for a hour and got woken up by ice cold water.
To no surprise it was Will.

"I'm going to literally kill you!" I Yelled.

I called for mom to tie my bikini back up. She went back inside to do whatever she was doing.

I jumped up out of the seat and sprinted towards Will.

"It was Greg's idea!" He scream.

"Oh you're going to get it!" I taunted staring Greg dead straight in the eye. Both the boys ran down the street with me chasing after them. What a bunch of assholes.

They disappeared around the corner and I trudge back to the house.
"I'm sorry I can't stay, band practice." Said Rodrick.

"Yeah, all cool, dork." I laughed ruffling his hair.

"Won't be saying that when I become famous!" He replied walking out the door.

I walked upstairs for a hot and steamy shower. I washed my hair which smelt like strawberries and got changed into a silk nightgown. I sprayed my favourite perfume and went to lay in bed for some wind- down time. I grabbed out a book and read for twenty minutes then had trouble with a word, Atelophobia, I reached to my bedside table drawers to find my phone but no trace.

Shit, I must've left it in Rodrick's room when I was helping Greg.