Chapt 5: It's What I Do

Start from the beginning

I look over to Wei's bed and see her sleeping peacefully as usual. I quickly pulled a suitcase under my bed and place my One-shot in the case. I slid it back under the bed, as I head Wei yawning. 

"Iris?" Wei said as she turns to me. "What are you up so late? It's like 2:30..." She told me. 

"Don't worry about it, just worry about yourself," I said as I got up facing my bed.

She was silent for a seconded before she speaks, "So... you killed him, didn't you?" 

"What do you mean?" I said suspiciously. 

"The Target that Atlas sent you," Wei said. 

"How did you know?" I asked as I pulled a knife under my sleeve. 

"You don't have to kill me, I won't tell anyone I can promise you that," She said before explaining. "My family have been kept on eye on you, ever since Atlas sent you to kill Adam."

"Your family?" I asked as I looked back at her, knife still in my hand. 

"Yes, my family. Since you know, The Schnee's Dust Company has a huge influence in Atlas, that they could hire you to kill one of my family members. " She explained. "Your failure at the assassination of Adam caught many attentions of others, Iris." 

"He just got lucky," I told her. 

"Blake isn't it?" She asked. 

I sighed, "Yes... she saved him..." 

"Yet, you hadn't killed her. Why?"

"Because she's not my target until someone hires me to kill her. So be it," I said looking towards the knife in my hand. 

"So... you only kill for the money," She said. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone about this, I promise you once again."

"Good..." I said putting the knife back under my sleeve. 

"They will discover eventually..." Wei yawned before going back to sleep. I looked back at her one more time before I laid on my bed and fall asleep. 

________________________________________________________________________________

*Timeskip Brought to you By Chibi Iris reading by herself*

________________________________________________________________________________

Iris Pov. 

It was once again lunchtime, I was reading once again. As my team talked to team RWBY and JNPR. Until Wei spoked to me, "Iris I would like to talk to you in private."

I nodded and stood up. We walked out of the cafe and walked over to the side. We were near the windows of the cafe and we can see them hanging out. 

"What do you want?" I asked coldly. 

"Well, so far I can't trust you, Iris," She explained. "What if they'd hire you to kill me or all of us. Would you do it?" She asked. 

"Yes," I told her. 

"That's... not really comforting, I rather not have to sleep a knife under my pillow." She sighed. "How about, my family pay you to stop all this?"

"I can't," 

"Why is that?" She asked tilting her head. 

"It's what I do. I'm just a cold-blooded killer," I said. 

"Oh come on. You can't be cold-blooded killer, Iris," She told me. "There's got to be something? Why? Would you keep going?" 

"Cause... I need to money, and killing is what I do best nothing else," I told her.