Chapter 16: Ecclaissia

I am now standing only ten feet away from the man. I reach to grab my blades when I feel a sharp pain from a blade slash across my ribs.

I yell out in pain. Tears form from the hopes that Romello is miles away from here by now.

A blow to the head. Another to my ribs. All I think is that Romello is out of harms way.

I wait for the next blow, but it doesn't come. I lift my head up and squint through the streak of blood that covers half of my face to find the man's eyes staring through me.

"Where is the human boy?" he asks cockily.

I grit my teeth and stare straight back at him. He breaks eye contact with me and stares at the forest and grins. My eyes widen as I realize that I never unsheathed my blades to signal Romello to start running.

Fear begins to well within me. My breath becomes shallower and faster. My eyes get blurry. My head fuzzy. Ringing in my ears. I see Sky die. No... This time it's Romello!

I will not let this happen, again!

I clear my head. Take in a deep breath. Burry all of my emotions.

"Hey!" I catch the attention of the man with my blades in each hand. This time I am the first to strike and successfully covered my blade in his blood.

I stand still breathing heavily and staring at him when he starts laughing as if this were all a joke.

Why are you not using your full potential? Asks a voice within me. Transform into the monster you truly are! SHOW THEM YOUR TRUE STRENGTH!

At that moment I knew it was truly all a joke.

I feel overwhelming power grow within me. Slowly the world once again grows dark and the last face I remember is Romello's.