Chapter 2: The Raiders and The Girl in Ashes

After the smoke and fire died down a day later, a large group of Raiders came to look for treasures that could be sold and used in their village.

The castle and the town that the castle regulated was destroyed by the wild burning flames. Everywhere embers floated around charred unstable buildings and buildings that have been crumbled to ashes.

One of the raiders came to the ashes of the castle grounds finding slightly melted silver and gold objects as well as useful objects for everyday items for his village. Carrying his sack of lost valuables, he walks deeper into the rubble of the once standing castle hoping to find something more valuable and useful than what he has collected. He finds something that fits his criteria but the object he finds is a living person and not an object of silver or of gold.

"Hey! Guys come over here! I think... I think I found something."

"What is it?"

The raiders come to the one raider to see what he has found. Staring down at a little girl who has hair shining like the stars, silver eyes with various colors flickering in and out, and skin that is fair and soft dusted by the ashes, is still alive without any injury. No burns, no scratches, nothing except shattered pieces of a soul.

Embers flickered in her dreams like fireflies. She runs to them never to reach her destination. Hoping they last forever as they flicker in and out, disappearing into the bright light of the day.