"Squad 3, Truck 81, ambulance 61, Engine 51 structure fire 384 South Halstead Street"

I sighed and ran out to truck. I pulled on my turnout gear before my radio. I  grabbed my helmet and jumped into truck. I placed my helmet on the dashboard and Casey handed me the keys "I forgot to give you them earlier" I nodded and started truck. I waited on Engine pulling out before I drove out. I hit the lights and sirens before driving to the fire. "Wow" I pulled truck to a halt because some car almost hit us and squad. I stuck my head out and gave a thumbs up to squad and check the Rigg and everyone inside "Everyone alright?" They all nodded so I continued to drive "I'll phone Ruzek when we are done" "I got the plates" I nodded "That will help them" I continued driving "This is gonna be a good one" I nodded and pulled truck over.
I grabbed my helmet and put it on before jumping out of truck and walking around so I was next to the rest of 51. "Damn Hart you are a terrible driver" I slapped Cruz "You are just as bad" I pulled out my tank and put it on my back. I grabbed my halligan in my right hand. "Dawson, Gallo take the first floor. Hart, Mouch with me" I nodded and we walked up to the front door. I took my helmet off before putting my mask on. I put my helmet on and walked in behind Casey. We walk up to the second floor and Mouch is behind me. 
"Hart you go left, Mouch right and I'll go forward" I nodded and walked into the first room on the left. "Fire Department Call Out" I shout as loud as I could through my gear. "Help" I heard someone say in a whisper. I walked over to the bed and flipped it. "Hey, I'm gonna get out outta here" I dropped my halligan and picked up the young boy and walked over to the door. I grabbed my radio "I'm coming out with someone" The young boy was coughing and finding it hard to breathe so I took my mask off and put it over his face. I walked to the stairs I coughed a couple of times walking down the stairs. I got to the front door and walked over to the ambo "He needs oxygen" I coughed and Kelly walked over with a bottle of water for me "Thanks" I took a sip and rinsed my mouth before taking a drink of it. "I ran and gave Noah to Connie" I nodded. I was still coughing "Kat come get checked out at med" I shook my head "I'm fine." I saw Casey walking over "Kat go get checked over I can get someone else to drive and ambo can bring you back" "Fine" I took my tank off and put it back in truck "Casey can you get me a new tank please" "I'll get you one for coming back" "Thanks Gabby"Gabby turned around and I threw the keys to her. Then Sylvie threw the keys to me "Why am I driving?" "Because you are better than me" I nodded and jumped in the driver's seat. I hit the lights and drove off to med.

"Sylvie what we got?" "It's Foster, not Sylvie," I said getting out of the ambo and walking to Maggie. "8-year-old male..." Foster filled them in "Trauma 3" I smiled and walked into the ED. "Kat what can I do for you?" "I need to be checked" "Trauma 2 I'll send Will in and tell Brett and Foster where you are" "Thanks Maggie" I walked into Trauma 2 and took my turnout jacket off and placed it on the bed. I sat on the edge of the bed and waited for Will.
"Hey Kat" "Hey Will" "You should know Jay is slightly freaking out because he saw you walk in here" I took my helmet off because I forgot I had it on "He's here?" "Yeah dealing with a case" "Who else?" "I saw Ruzek and Atwater earlier" I nodded. "I'm gonna go get your discharge papers I'll send Jay in if you want" I nodded "Is there any chance you can find out about that boy we brought in?" "Sure" "Thanks Will" I took my phone out of my turnout jacket pocket and messaged Casey "What are those plates?" "ET 6294 Illinois tags" "Thanks Casey" I put my phone back in my pocket as Jay walked in. 
He walked straight over and hugged me "I'm fine" "What happened" "I saved a little boy I think" "What did you do?" "I gave him my mask" "And risked your life" I looked at him and he was clearly frustrated. Will walked back in with my discharge papers "The little boy is fine a couple of first degree burns and smoke inhalation but it could have been worse" I nodded "He's also refusing to talk to anyone unless the woman who saved him was there" I smiled then looked at Will weird "I'll go in after" I signed the discharge papers and looked at Jay "Can you run some plates?" "Yeah, I can get Ruzek to why?" "Some guy tried to run us and squad off the road on the way to that fire" "Who was driving both trucks I'll need to speak to them both" "I was driving truck and Cruz was driving squad" "What were the plates?" "Echo Tango 6294" "I'll get Ruzek to look at them" "Thanks" I got up and kissed him. I took my turnout jacket and put it over my shoulder and put my helmet under my arm "I need to go speak to a young boy" I smiled. I handed my discharge papers to Maggie and went to see the little boy. 
I knocked on the door and Nat signalled me to come in "Hey Nat" "Hey Kat" I looked at the little boy "This is Owen he refuses to talk to anyone unless it is you" I placed my turnout jacket on the back of the chair next to his bed. I put my helmet on the chair and sat on the bed "Hey Owen I'm Kat can you tell me what it is you want to tell me?" "Someone was in my house before the fire started" "Can you say how long?" "I don't know" I looked at Nat "Jay's already here can you get him it will take his mind of me being admitted" she nodded. I turned around and saw Sylvie and Foster standing outside "You can go back to 51 I'll get someone to bring me back and I'll keep my radio on" I opened my pocket and threw Brett the keys "I'll tell Casey you are helping intelligence" "Thanks" I turned back around to Owen. "Would you like to try my helmet?" "Yes," He said enthusiastically. I grabbed my helmet and adjusted it so it would fit his head. Owen handed me my helmet back and I changed it back so it would fit just as Jay walked in as my radio went. I looked at Jay "Can you please take me?" "Sure" I threw my helmet on my head and grabbed my turnout jacket and put it on "Owen I'll be back" I ran out of the ED and to Jay's car. 
"You smell of smoke" "Thank you so much" I smiled and jumped in Jay's car. I grabbed my radio "Casey I'll meet yous there" "Copy that"  I looked at Jay "Owen said there was someone in his house before the fire started"