Chapter 21

Silence took over the room after hearing what Sage ...-no, Evren had gone through. It won't be a surpise if she somehow develop a mental wall to block those events. Evren, mentally exhausted from recalling those memories, propped her head on her hands. Her past now revealed to only her selected people, may somewhat elevate those weight on her shoulders and in truth. It relieved her a lot.

"Escaping was not by far the easiest thing do achieve. Concrete walls, no windows and the only exit that could be use was the steel door of the room, but even if we manage to go through it, we still have to fight our way out with who knows how many patrols."

"In short, we were trapped, chained even and we haven't even reached the worst of it yet."

"Worse? Being captured is not even worse?!". David continues to soothe his mate and stop her from breaking down. He was also at his limits, hearing what Seth had done to Evren, to his proclaimed family, If he decides to attack again, he will make sure that Seth won't come out of it, alive.

"As much as we want to sugar coat it, Yes... have you ever heard of gene transfusion?" The shifters inside the room suddenly went rigid hearing those words.

Experiments

"Those should have cease to exist a long time ago, the werewolf community made sure of that!" Jayce stated, disgust by the fact that those have even existed in the first place.

"That was also what they have revealed to us, Unfortunately or fortunate to them, some of those who even performed those experiments managed to keep it alive and even passed it down to their offsprings, those power-seeking bastards."

"The reason they hunted you-"

"They wanted to get the genes of our family, for who knows what, Then there were others that came after us, Adults, teens, even children. But they are not the focus on those experiments, even us, it was sister that they wanted. They took her, most frequently, go out that door, then throws her back, with new needle marks on her arms. We tried to fight them, to protect her, but we were to weak, they drugged us to keep it that way"

Evren recalled those experiments, she remembers them clearly. They fought and fought and fought but not once did they succeeded. She was glad, glad that even in that hell hole, she always take the brunt of their fascinations, by keeping it that way, she was still able to minimize the damage to her brothers, and even to the people,who was thrown in with them after.

Xavier slammed his fist on his desk, venting out his anger. Hearing what those bastards did to his mate only increased his desire to kill... no torture them until he begged to be killed but even then, he will not grant it until he deems they are broken.

"Even if evren took the brunt of their sick experiments, it didn't stop them from doing it to us. We tried.... we really tried our best to even just protect the children in there but we were just fucking too weak from the constant abuse." Jake spatted hands clenched from frustation of being reminded of their helplessness.

"you think you can protect them? PAH don't make me laugh"

"You can't do anything"

" You're useless"

"We lost track of time, one by one those who were with us showed signs of alteration, and that made those bastards elated that they have results."

"The adults showed them first, they began screaming and kept of scratching their arms but then one of them started convulsing and then all of it stopped. We know by then to that person, it failed and consumed his life"