Chapter 12

Jayce

"Come on, Put your backs into it soldiers!" Blake shouted to his trainees behind him. We were running even with him and this was our 9th lap around our pack house.

Who said that having a bigger land is a sign of the pack's power? This is just torture. I thought to myself while panting.

The pack is now panting, they groaned from Blake's order but followed it.

"This will be our 10th and last lap -" Everyone started "whooing" from Blake's statement.

"But, we all need to run as fast as we can until we reach the finish line!"

"What?!?" The pack shouted in disbelief since they can barely run anymore.

"Think as if your life is on the line, Ready? In 3....2....1... Go!" Blake shouted not giving us time to recope with ourselves then started sprinting. We followed his lead but some of us can't catch up.

When we reached the end point the pack was now gasping for air, even me and Mike. Xavier had to handle pack business so he can't come with.

Once we had our lungs full of oxygen we awaited Blake's next training, but we haven't notice our other trainer even when we were running laps.

"Hey, Blake where's Sage?" Mike asked.

"She's setting up our next training" that was the only thing he said before shouting to follow him.

We reached a clearing and saw that the other groups were here as well.

"Oh, you guys are also finished? That was quick," Blake said to the other trainers.

"Yeah, they have the stamina to keep them going," Aaron said and David nodded.

"This kids have the potential, i know it!" Jiro exclaimed.

When the pack heard the compliments of their trainers they stood straighter, their ego boosted up and full of pride.

"Hmm... Then let's see if they can survive Sage's training," Blake said then on cue Sage appeared from the woods and stood infront of us. She looked at us and raised an eyebrow.

"They're all finished?" She asked.

"Yeah," Blake replied.

Sage nodded then started to speak.

"Soldiers, you didn't disappointed me and completed your first part of the training in your first try, with that you have earned my respect!" She exclaimed proudly. The pack members cheered loudly at her praise.

"But!..." Then everyone was silent  " Let us see how you can handle my kind of training," The pack members inhaled sharply at her statement, heck even it got me nervous.

Blake

Sage nodded at me and signalled the twins to come with her into the forest. After they are out of hearing reach I started to explain the mechanics that they need to do.

"As you have seen Sage,Jiro and Jake entered the forest, Now in this training it will test your combat skills and your senses, you cannot shift and will be fighting in human form until the end,"  Everyone seems to understand since those three were humans.

"I know all of you are werewolves and will think that this training will be a walk in the park but no its not." I explained.

"How can it be that hard, they're just pathetic little humans," we heard the slut or should I say Fiona stated.

"Can we kill her," Jax questioned, growling at her tone.

"No, let her see who she is underestimating." I answered

I turned to the slut who was now being lectured by Crystal.

"Listen here you pathetic mutt, don't you insult my friend again or i'll personally snap your neckand shred you disgusting body into pieces until their in chunks!" Crystal threatened but smiled sadistically. Fiona gulped and bowed her head looking shaken by Crystal's threat. Even the others looked at Crystal with fear. For a tiny thing she can be terrifying.

I cleared my throat and continued the explanation as if nothing happened,   " As I was saying this training will be dangerous enough to cost your life. Sage can defeat us, werewolves within a minute even the twins can defeat us. During our military days, they were the only humans in our camp and when training they kicked our butts without breaking a sweat."

"So be on your guard for they have impressive strength and when it comes to training they don't know the word mercy," David said.

The pack gulped but nodded. "Let's get ready, I bet they are already on position," I said and turned to face the forest.

"Before I forget, your group must be back here after you got the flag from you opponent and watch out for knives, GO!" I said then Crystal, Aaron, David and me started running through the forest but still heard the pack shouting "what"

"Don't talk and move!" David shouted, ready to separate from us and lead his group.

We heard the pack catching up to us. All of the trainers nodded and I shouted, "Go with your trainers, Jiro and Jake's group come with me!" Then eacg group took different paths.

I stopped when I think we are far enough from the other group. "From here onwards everyone must be alert, don't make unnecessarily movements and noises. We don't know who we will face but our best choices are Jiro and Jake" I whispered but have my senses alert.

"Why not Sage?" Mike questioned quietly.

"Trust me, Sage lives up to her nickname 'Assassin killer' and she can slip past our senses. She is the most dangerous opponent of the three," I answered.

"Let's wish that the moon goddess is by our side today," Jayce said and gulped loudly.

"Why? We just have to be careful not to bump or run straight into her," a pack member said.

"Well, too late for that," Mike said staring at something behind me "or should you say 'someone' " Jax whispered on guard , that only means one thing.

I turned around quickly, just in time to dodge a flying knife but hissed when it grazed my left arm.

"Fuck, we're in trouble," I said never leaving my gaze on Sage, who has one hand inside her pockets and one hand holding a knife. Her posture is anything but dangerous.

"Looks like your luck failed you again Blake," she said pointing her knife at me.

"Yeah, Great "  I said sarcastically. She crouched down as if ready to charge ahead.

"What great fucking luck," Jax growled out.