Redlyn Imagine: Unexpected News ❤️🤍

Start from the beginning

"No thank you sweetie. Thanks for telling me about this situation now off to the rehearsal room. I have some business to take care of." I grumbled as I dialed Mazarra's teacher classroom phone line.

**********

*May 2nd, 2019*

Ricky's POV:

"Babe, I'm sure Ash and Big Red will be here any minute just relax. You're on in 10 minutes. Don't worry stage crew is taken care of. Big Red's loss." Nini said rubbing my shoulders as I was breathing heavily.

"Nini, I don't think I can do this. I'm scared to be in the spotlight, I'm not like you. I only did the fall musical to win you back." I said looking around for my best friend.

"Ricky, we've practiced these scenes a billion times. You got this. I know you can do it. I'll be right there next to you. Relax and take a breathe. That always helps me before a show." Nini said kissing my cheek, which I liked.

Ashlyn came running in and sat in the Makeup chair as Kourt did her makeup. She was lucky that she wasn't on in the first act like I was. Big Red walked in wearing his classic suit and tie t-shirt and his Robotics Jacket over it. I was so mad at him. He promised me he would be here on open night. Besides, he had to be there he's heads of stage crew. Miss Jenn didn't seem to mention anything though.

"Yo, Big Red where have you been show started 20 minutes ago. You are head of stage crew. Weren't you fixing lighting like a hour ago? And as my best friend you said you would watch opening night. You are so late. Didn't you tell Miss Jenn you were going to be late at least. You know what. We can talk after the show. I have to prepare to be Beast." I said upset and confused.

"For your information, Ashlyn and I's Robotic Competition is going on right now and its intermission. I'm trying my best to be supportive of all my friends here. Why are you so upset? You're the one who started this whole musical theatre idea to win back Nini!" Big Red shouted at me.

Everyone backstage in the dressing room was looking at us now and Nini walked away to let us talk. Big Red and I have never fought since we met in Pre-K.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" I said running a hand through my hair.

"I didn't want you to be upset about me missing the musical."

"You know it's kind of low of you to miss a whole damn musical all your friends worked on for months!"

"Ricky don't shout. People can hear backstage." Nini tried to calm me down.

"Ashlyn's my girlfriend and she means a lot to me. Matter of fact, this robotics thing means a lot to me too. I'll talk to you if you actually get out of your beast form by the end of the show." Big Red said putting on his head set and walking away.

"Ricky, please relax we go on in 5. You can't mess up your lines. Just breathe in and out, you got this. I believe in you." Nini said kissing my lips which were covered in makeup from my Beast costume.

********

*After Be our Guest Dance Scene w/ Ashlyn*

Ashlyn's POV:

"The plan is working. Yes." I said to myself.

"Ashlyn, go get your makeup taken off by Kourtney. Your plan is working. I've got Aiden doing lights for me while Emma does sound. Let's win this Robotics Competition." Big Red said while high fiving me and handing me the robotics co-captain jacket.

"Is Ricky still mad at you?" Ash said while Kourtney was spraying my face with quick makeup remover and wiping it off.

"Yeah. He didn't talk to me after he got off stage." Big Red said kind of upset.

"I told Miss Jenn the plan. She didn't seem to tell anyone else though. I'm sure you and Ricky will make up afterwards. Let's go win that competition." I held my hand out for him to hold.

Half an hour later, our competition was over, and we beat the West High Knights Robotic Team. Big Red wasn't smiling as big as usual. He was probably still upset about the Ricky thing since they never fight. I on the other hand was running back to the theatre dressing room to get changed for the last scene, Beauty and the Beast dance.

(play song above for full experience creds to DisneyMusic)

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly

Just a little change
Small to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared

I sang the song elegantly, as I watched Nini and Ricky dance. Big Red gave me a thumbs up from the sound board above the stage and Ricky turned for a second to smile at Big Red. Maybe nobody being prepared for this situation was okay.

"Ashlyn, I'm glad you plan worked. Now to get revenge on Mr. Mazarra. next fall." Miss Jenn said coming up to me after the curtain's closed.

"Ashlyn, oh my Gosh that last song was amazing. No one could have done it better. Thank you for showing up on time. Ricky was freaking out backstage." Nini engulfed me in a hug.

I wanted to make sure that my boyfriend and his best friend made up too. Big Red still seemed a bit upset after we took our final bow. I've never seen him upset. He loves theater and robotics. I looked around the green room backstage for him but didn't see him.

"Hey Gina, have you seen Big Red anywhere?!" I sad over the excited casts' screaming.

"He went to talk to Ricky in the hall. That was an awesome performance." Gina said hugging me.

Big Red walked back in the room laughing with Ricky about some video game they planned on playing after the last show. I was so happy that everyone was happy. My plan seemed to work out after all.

 My plan seemed to work out after all

(credits to Disney Plus)