Joshua Bassett Imagine: Frozen ❄️

Author's Note: I wanted to try something a bit different from my other imagines. I hope you like this one.  Feel free to leave requests in the comments with your name and a plot to follow. I have a lot more time then I expected. My schedule isn't as busy this semester. Also, sorry if this is a bit long.

I was recently hired as an assistant makeup artist for High School Musical the Musical the Series Season Two. I was surprised to get the job since I was only 19 years old and came from a small town in Virginia.

A few weeks into the job one of my clients, Joshua Bassett pulled me aside after I did his makeup and asked me on a date. I was shocked at first, but the way he looked at me I knew he was serious about it. What if I get fired from my job? What if he doesn't like me when he finds out my past? What if this interferes with work? I was stuck in the moment with all the random thoughts in my mind, I blurted out "yes" to him. He smiled and hugged me after that. That was the first time any celebrity has ever hugged me.

******

Today was the day that Joshua was taking me on a date. I haven't been on a date since I was 17. I was doing my makeup when I heard my two-and-a-half-year-old daughter start crying on the monitor. I put my eyeshadow brush down and quickly rushed to her room.

"What's wrong Ella?"

"Duf" She pointed to her stuffed elephant Duffy who was laying on the ground.

I picked her elephant up brushed it off on my jeans and then handed it to her. After a few moments she calmed down and played with Duffy while I changed her diaper. I looked like a mess. My makeup was half done and I only had a white t shirt on without my jean jacket. I needed more time to get ready. I texted my friend Julia to see when she would arrive.

(Y/N): I need more time to get ready wya?

Jul: I'm in an uber rn. ETA 5 min.

(Y/N): Ella is watching Paw Patrol in my room while I am trying to do makeup please hurry.

Jul: Omw J

Yes, Julia Lester was baby-sitting my daughter. Not a big deal in my opinion. She was my closest friend on set. Olivia and Sofia seemed a bit underage to talk about teen pregnancies and handling jobs. Julia loved makeup and we became instant friends as soon as she sat in my makeup chair.

Five minutes later, I heard the doorbell ring. I went to get the door and greeted Julia. Ella came running into her arms and gave her a big hug. I guess you could say that the two girls were close. Julia has babysitter Ella at least five times in the past month and I am so thankful for it. Most of the time she comes in after shooting or on weekends when I need to do chores.

"Make sure she is in bed by 8. Vegetables before dessert and don't let her lose Duffy she will never sleep."

"I know. I know. (Y/N/N) calm down. We've already been through this. Go get ready."

"Thanks, so much Juls. I don't know what I'd do without you." I said hugging her and then kissing Ella on the cheek.

*Half an hour later*

The doorbell rang promptly at 5:00pm and I went to get it after putting on some lip balm. Joshua stood there wearing a hoodie, some jeans and his classic vans looking very attractive.

"Wow. You look so beautiful." Joshua said staring at you.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself. I like your Vans. Classic Joshua Bassett. Where are we headed?"

"I made reservations at Olive Garden and then we are going to take a walk downtown." He said proudly while leading you to his car.

The car ride to Olive Garden was short and silent. Most of the time Joshua quietly sang to the songs on the radio while focusing on the road. I was sitting in the passenger seat staring out the window and sometimes glancing at Joshua.