A few seconds after I realized that I’d just pulled some pressure-point ninja trick (which is fucking awesome by the way), I realize that I’m lying on top of Sebastian. Sebastian MacCrain. A more than half naked Sebastian MacCrain.  My face suddenly feels like its going to burn off. Ohhhh SHIT– I try to push myself off but he grabs my arms.

“Wha–”

“Clarisse? What is all that racket…” Mrs. O’Heimer’s voice comes out loud and clear, and Sebastian cuts off before he even gets his words out. His eyes are bulging out and he looks like he’s gonna crap himself.
            See! This is what I’ve been trying to tell you! I wanted to yell in his face, but only give him a glare as I shove off his body. Oh man, I bet I just touched the most gorgeous piece of man ever…

Sebastian suddenly shakes my arm and starts mouthing stuff at me: ‘What the hell are we gonna do?!’

My eyes fly around the room, desperate. Where can he go? There’s no way he could dash up the stairs or even slip out the back. She’d see him! I can hear her slow, shuffling little footsteps getting closer. Shit shit shit…

In a flash of insight I open the cabinet door beside me. It’s the big one just beside and below the sink, with the garbage bin and some cleaner stuff in it. I rip the garbage bin out and start pulling his wrist. Sebastian gives me a baffled look.

‘In there?!’ He mouths at me, his eyebrows flat and his eyes wide.

I nod vigorously and keep pulling on his wrist. ‘Go go go!’

He begins shaking his head, eyeing the space with incredulity. ‘There’s no way I’m gonna fit in that–” But then we both hear the particularly loud cough from just outside the kitchen doorway. Sebastian suddenly dives in, clattering bottles and sacks over. I bang the door shut. Oh shit, it won’t close…!

I slam it in with my shoulder and I hear a muffled yelp.  

Just as I look up Mrs.O’Heimer walks into the kitchen.

Her beady little eyes are flying all over the room, taking in everything. They land on me, sitting on the floor, back pressed into the cabinet door, my face one of probably absolute terror.

She gives me this sweet little evil smile. “There you are Clarisse,”

I swallow down the ‘FUCK YOU’ I want to scream at her. “Y-Yep…here I am…”

Her sweet-evil smile widens somewhat as her eyes take in the mess around me. The garbage bin lying on its side beside me (luckily it was empty). The extra bottles and containers of dish soap and dishwasher detergent and Raid and Febreeze splayed on the floor as well. There was a half-used roll of garbage sacks out too.

“So what are you up to in here?”

Getting my shit together so I can KILL you. I think darkly, but I force the glower I want to give her back behind a somewhat calm face. I say somewhat, because it is probably freaking impossible to remain calm while trying to hide a huge, half-naked guy in a too-small cabinet while the snoopy biddy from next door is snooping around!

Yeah, calm isn’t gonna work.

“Oh, just…” Her eyes narrowed as I struggled to think of an excuse. Crap crap crap… “Just…” There’s a loud shuffling sound in the cabinet behind me, and then a pained grunt and the cabinet door squeaks open a bit, pushing me about an inch forward on the floor. Panicked, I thrust myself backwards, the door slamming shut with a bang accompanied by a high whimper.