Chapter 2 - Hansel

Chapter 2

*edited*

Hansel ~

Grimm. Ha! That's a joke. She's probably some stupid girl from Lusts domain, sick of selling herself to that old dwarf. She did appear out of nowhere, but it could've just been just a trick of the light.

I glance back at her. Long hair, really long hair. Emerald green eyes. Of course, I mean Lust wouldn't take anyone boring. Or rather, he would, but they wouldn't last long. Her dark brows furrow as she scowls at me.

"What are you staring at peasant?"

Shaking my head, I stalk off into the undergrowth. I should leave her there. Let her rot. Or let the beasts eat her. The only thing that stops me from doing so is that name. Grimm. I know it's probably a lie, but what if she really is? What if she really is Grimms Spawn? The one who will save Nevermore?

I take a deep breath, I hope to god she isn't the one we've been waiting for. I don't want to be indebted to such a sarcastic bitch for the rest of my life.

Calling over my shoulder, I ask the question that I've been wanting to ask. "So, which nation are you from? Lust? Greed? Pride?"

Kiara frowns in confusion. "I'm sorry? I'm from Manchester."

"What and where in hell is Manchester?" I stop walking and turn to face her. I need to find out a bit more about this girl before I show her to the base.

"You're making things up!" I scowl, towering over her.

Kiara sighs with frustration. "I'm not!"

My frown deepens. "Ok stop, seriously. No more lies."

She rolls her eyes at me. "I haven't been lying!"

"Course not. Who are you really? Where are you really from?"

"I have told you this already! My name is Kiara Grimm. I am from a city called Manchester. I have no idea how I got here, all I remember is looking in my-"

She stops abruptly.

"What? You were looking in your what?"

Her eyes wide as she stares past me. "Behind you. There's a, a..."

I turn, hand on the pommel of my sword in an instant. However instead of an enemy, Mac Tire and a forest scout are standing in the shadows cast by an old maple tree.

"Oh good. Mac Tire. What do you suppose I do with this?" I gesture at the terrified girl standing behind me.

Mac Tire sighs. His amber eyes narrow slightly and he bares his teeth. "Who is she?"

Behind me, Kiara gasps. It wasn't surprising. Lots of people acted the same way when Mac Tire starts talking.

"She claims she's Kiara Grimm. I found her by the old fallen elm.

As soon as her name enters my sentence, Mac Tire's amber eyes widen.

"Grimm?"

I shrug. "Yeah, so she says."

Mac Tire opens his snout to say more but Kiara steps forward and throws up a hand to silence us.

"Okay, shut up, both of you! I've turned up here, in this god forsaken place, with talking wolves," she looks pointedly at Mac Tire as she says this, "Which is apparently called Nevermore, just like it says on my mirror. Now you won't even believe-"

Mac Tire growls and Kiara stops talking. "What mirror?"

Hands shaking slightly, Kiara draws a silver mirror from her pocket. "This mirror."