Safe House

Annabeth's POV

The Quinjet is quiet as we all try and calm ourselves. Percy is panting as we sit on the floor. I slump next to her and give her some water. She drinks the water gratefully, the cuts and bruises on her arms start to heal. Percy lightly touches my arm and heals my cuts, "No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out." says Clint to Tony. Tony looks at him confused.

"A few hours from where?". Clint looks at the horizon "A safe house." The Quinjet lands right outside the large farmhouse and we walk toward the house. Thor looks at Clint, "What is this place?" Tony looks at him.

"A safe house?" question filters his voice as he speaks. "Let's hope." Clint mutters to us. Once we're inside he looks around and introduces his family. Afterwards when the rest of the Avengers are upstairs and getting settled in. Laura (Clint's wife)  looks us up and down her face filled with concern. " Girls do you want some water or some food?"

Clint looks at us and his fatherly instincts kick in. " Yeah you two should really get some food. Um Laura this is Percy and Annabeth." He gestures to me and Percy. I nod my thanks to Clint. 

Time Skip

Fury has us all gathered in the kitchen. I sit next to Natasha and Stark, Fury looks at Natasha as she says "Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that."

Fury looks at her and smirks, " I do, I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."

I smile to myself and turn to Percy and mutter in Greek "Percy δεν το κάνουμε αυτό καθημερινά ( Percy don't do we this everyday) . " she smirks and laughs at that. Everyone ignores us and keeps talking. Natasha looks at Steve and then at Fury, "Steve doesn't like that kind of talk."

I laugh at that and Tony grins to himself, Steve rolls his eyes at Nat "You know what, Romanoff?". She smiles mischievously. Nick looks at us " So what does he wants?" Percy lean forward her elbows on the table, "To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies." I nod in agreement. Nat looks at Bruce and Tony.

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." I smirk the comment my smile humorless. Lila Clint's kid hands Nat a picture of a butterfly she smiles at Lila and then sends her off. She places the painting on the table. Bruce picks up the picture he looks at it intently his eyes suddenly grow with realization.

"They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve." Bruce says looking up from the picture. "How?" I say, Bruce looks to Tony, "Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" he says urgently.