Chapter 3

A/n: This chapter is majority centered around the mating process which means this chapter will be rated R. I strongly suggest clicking off if you aren't comfortable with sexual relations between two women.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One week flew by.

Early Monday morning, I called my betas over to help prepare the house. We had already begun moving Sam's stuff into the house to cut down on the work we'd need to do later.

Sam and I couldn't see it until the announcement. It was part of the ceremony that we couldn't see each other until it was time to mate.

Cam and Chloe helped me lay rose petals and candles all over the house.

I was trying to make the atmosphere as comfortable and romantic as I could. This mating thing was going to be hard on both of us. We didn't have the best past.

My father allowed me to wear the dress that my mother wore for their mating ceremony.

I stood in front of my full-length mirror and admired my reflection.

My dark brown, wavy hair fell neatly around my shoulders which, along with much of my chest, were exposed by the dress.

The dress was spaghetti strapped and low cut. The white fabric came to stop just above my knees and clung nicely to my narrow frame.

Glancing back up, I met my own eyes. They were bright blue against my dark hair and pale skin.

My father knocked and walked in with his eyes covered.

He uncovered his eyes and gasped. "You look just like her, little pup." He smiled.

"Do I? I don't remember what she looked like."

"She had the exact same shade of blue eyes that you do, and you have her cute button nose. You're practically a replica of her with a dash of my thrown in. You look beautiful."

"Thanks, daddy."

"I'll be staying with Uncle Mark and Aunt Sara tonight. If you need me, don't be afraid to call."

He kissed my forehead and turned to leave, but I stopped him. "I have one last question. How do couples like Sam and I have children?"

"The two of you will need to find a sperm donor. You'll have to choose someone from our pack. There is no time limit on when you have children, but you must have children."

"Thanks, daddy."

He pulled me into a hug. After several minutes, he kissed the top of my head and left the room.

I sat on my bed and nervously watched the clock. Six-thirty rolled around quickly

I stood up and headed down the stairs toward the front door.

The voices of my pack members floated in my direction. I knew it was time.

I opened the door and stepped outside. All the voices ceased.

There were a few quiet gasps and murmurs.

"I'm sure you all know why you're here. If not, I'm sure you can tell by the way I'm dressed. Tonight, I will be performing the mating ceremony. I'm sure you're all dying to know who my mate is." I paused. "Samantha Hayden."

The reaction from the crowd was a simultaneous gasp.

"We promise to take care of this pack together. We will produce the best offspring for this pack. We will give you a leader."