Chapter 15 - A Disguised Moon

Esther's POV

I woke up the next day, lifting my head up from the desk. How the hell did I end up falling asleep here? My cheek felt like it has been laying on a rock as I can imagine that it would have a nice red mark on it. I looked down at the desk, realising that I was in the middle of finishing my drawing that I was doing in the library. Shit, I had dried ink all over my hands! Ugh,  I should take a shower to freshen myself up. 

Half an hour later, I had my shower and felt really freshened up, ready for another day alone. Where was Callie? Oh come on, Esther. You like her, don't you? Fuck! My mind was so confused. Time for some fresh air too, I think. 

I wore a nice pink buttoned t-shirt, a t-shirt that I haven't really worn much. Paired with green leggings. I slipped on a pair of trainers before I grabbed my handbag and off I go. 

It was really wonderful outside, no clouds to be seen and the sun was high in the sky. I should have taken something with me, because it was slightly cold today. I inhaled the fresh air, before suddenly feeling like I wanted to be sick. Huh? I stopped next to a park, placing my hand against the brick wall which was boiling hot. A few seconds later, the sickness feeling went away. What was going on with me? Was this normal? 

"Are you okay?" 

I turned my head to look at whoever just spoke to me, noticing that it was a young woman with a little boy, who looked quite concerned. "I am fine, thank you for asking." I told her before giving her a smile. "You are welcome. Do you need anything?" she then asked me. 

I shook my head, saying no. "There is a cafe just in that park. They do amazing teas and milkshakes, if you drink them of course. Have a good rest of your day." she told me before I watched her continue her walk. I then realised that Callie could be near as she said to come and find her when the time comes in the note...

Was Callie in the cafe? Or was my mind playing with me? The sickness feeling then settled in again before I saw Callie right in front of me as I began to pass out. 

A hour later, I woke up in something warm...a nice liquid called water. I lifted my head up, realising that I was in a hot tub. I was wearing...nothing. My body was exposed. "Hello? Callie?" I called out her name. I looked around the room, before I saw her walk towards me. Her eyes were glowing the same red during the blood...

"Moon." I said the last word out loud. "That's right. The blood moon is here. In disguise." she told me. 

"Disguise? What?" I asked her, confused. I noticed that she was wearing the same black robe too. 

"You thought it was sun, when actually it was the blood moon. The woman you spoke to was a vampire. She is actually a old friend of mine." she explained to me.

"I get it. Why am I in this hot tub though?" I asked her. 

"Stop with the questions and look at me." 

This again...