Chapter 12 - 'No'

Callie's POV

"Callie, do you mind if I go out to the mall?" my innocent mate asked me.

I turned around to look at her with a serious look that basically says, "No." 

"Why?" she asked me. Is she joking me right now? "Because, I don't want to lose you. End of conversation." I told her in a tone that I never found myself using against her. 

When I said that it was the end of the conversation, I meant it. She seemed to have understood it which was good. "I'm sorry for asking that question, then." I heard her say in a quiet, almost whispering tone. Just about she was going to leave to go back upstairs, I grabbed her hand. I didn't care that my hand was covered in paint. But, she then teased me by staying with me for another few seconds longer, before her hand slipped out of mine and walked upstairs, away from me.

"Fuck..." I said to myself before I went back to painting. I knew she didn't quite like me as much anymore, which pains me. I wanted to fully confess my true feelings to her, but I don't think she will even stay with me for that. I don't want to feel that sad, depressing feeling again after last time...I don't want to tell anyone that, even though I may have to. 

After two hours of painting, I was actually finished...kind of. I let out a small laugh at myself, seeing how bad it was. It looked like a two year old has painted it. 

"That looks really good." I heard Esther say. "You think so?" I asked her, turning my head to look at her. "Yeah. I really do. I shouldn't have asked that question, about me going out to the mall. It was a mistake." she told me.

"I am sorry for scaring you." I apologised to her before I walked up to her and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "No need to say sorry for that, Callie." she said softly before I watched her let out a yawn. 

I looked at the clock hanging in the kitchen before realising that it has just gone to half past 10 in the afternoon. Time really flies when you are spending it alone and having some fun at the same time. 

"I am going to wash my hands, then I will be up with you in a minute or so." I told her.

"Okay." Esther said before she quickly walked upstairs again. That's strange...what has she got planned for me?