Chapter 10

The night was spent sitting up on the windowsill. It was kind of a cold night, so I'd grabbed an old sweatshirt; it was actually one of the original designs that Rian had made for All Time Low merchandise. I had a case of beer on the floor and my songbook in my lap. I was scribbling out my feelings, trying to keep from screaming.

Tay hates me, Tay hates me, Tay hates me.

I reached down and grabbed another beer, popping the tab and taking a gulp. I wasn't thinking straight at all. Once that can was empty, I crushed it up and set it on the small pile of empty cans.

Water dripped onto my songbook and I sniffed, realizing that I was crying. I viciously wiped my tears away from my cheeks with the back of my hand before letting out a small sob.

Then the door to the dorm opened.

I quickly tried to shut myself up, returning to scratching up the paper with my pen as I wrote random words down. My head was starting to get dizzy, and my stomach was feeling a little heavy.

"What are you doing?"

I looked over and saw Tay standing by the door. Her eyes were red and she looked exhausted, but I just let out a small laugh.

"What're you gonna do: push me out the window?" I asked.

"Thinking about it."

Tay crossed her arms over her chest and I rolled my eyes. I practically threw my songbook to the floor and climbed down after it, bending down to grab another beer.

"You're drunk," she said quietly, her voice a sad sigh.

"What's it to you?" I snapped. "Like it fucking matters."

"I still care about you, Jenna."

"Bullshit. Absolute fucking bullshit. You don't care. It doesn't change anything for you."

I opened the beer and took a gulp, wiping some off my face. Tay just stared at the floor and I was finding myself restless. I felt like I needed to do something, but I had no idea what I needed to do. I just needed to be moving.

"Give me that beer," she finally said. She no longer sounded unsure, but she now sounded firm and strong.

I laughed in disbelief. "No."

"Jenna. Give me the beer."

"Why?"

Tay growled and walked over to me. I backed up into the wall, holding the can out of her reach. I felt childish trying to keep something we both wanted away from her, but this was my beer. I had rightfully laid claim on it.

She angrily said my name again and made a grab for the can, but I wasn't giving up. Then she gripped the back of my neck and pulled me down to her, our lips an inch away. The entire world stopped as she gave a teasing kiss, pulling away before our lips could touch. I needed that kiss more than anything in the world. And then I felt her grab the beer can from my hand.

I swore, finally coming out of my daze as I watched her skull the rest of the can, causing me to groan. I crossed my arms childishly as she crushed the can and grabbed the rest of the case, hiding it in her room.

"Killjoy," I muttered.

"Drunk," she countered.

"I'm not a drunk."

"Then stop drinking so much."

"I drink because of you."

I dramatically threw my hands over my mouth as soon as I said it, and Tay looked at me, confused.