Chapter 17

*This chapter is written in 3rd person, not in POV - also, that's abbreviation for Point of view, just in case you were wondering 🙈

*happy reading! And please don't forget to click the little star button and vote at the end of each chapter ,yeah? 🙈

The following day as expected, Ntando's brothers arrived home to see their mother.
It was a sweet reunion, filled with hugs and laughter.

Ishmael who had been last to arrive late afternoon with his family, teased his mother "good to see you so fresh and lively, l hear you nearly went to heaven"

Mama laughed, "l should open my own church now and narrate the heavenly experience l had while l was in a coma"

"Really gogo? You went to heaven?" Asked little Ron, Ishmael's son, with wonder written all over his face.

"Yes my boy" Mama laughed and responded, "but l decided to come back so l can tell you all about it"

"Yes!" Ron said grabbing his grandmother's hand and pulling her towards the house impatiently.

The rest of the family laughed at the two and continued helping Ishmael and his wife Catherine to unload their luggage off the car.

Ngqabutho who had arrived several hours ahead of his brother took one of the bags and rushed to catch up with his mother and nephew, "really mama? Did you really have a heavenly experience?"

Mama grinned, "of course not, l was pulling your leg"

"Hmm" Ngqabutho mused, "so how was it like being in a coma?"

"Well, it was like l was in a deep, long and dreamless sleep"

"Where you in any form of pain?" Ngqabutho probed more.

"Not until l regained consciousness, that's when l felt something was amiss " mama responded.

"Gogo how does heaven look like?" Ron asked.

"Oh it's beautiful! The streets are made of gold and the  houses are made of candy and cookies and cake and you can just eat whenever you are hungry" Mama said to him.

Ron's eyes grew as wide as saucers in excitement and wonder "oh wow! And you don't get sick? My mummy says too many sweet things make one sick"

"Not when you are in heaven my boy" mama smiled at him "that's why you have to be a good person so that one day when you are old, you can go to heaven too"

"Gogo" Ron tugged at Mama's hand, "don't go to heaven again, l still love you"

Mama smiled and crouched to Ron's height and gave him a kiss on the forehead, "gogo will be here with you for a long time my boy."

*

That evening  after the family had shared a hearty meal together , they relaxed together in the lounge sharing stories and catching up on each other's lives.

"Mama" Ishmael started, "Aunt Sara mentioned that you had a fight with Ntando the night of your heart attack"

"Yessss" Ngqabutho joined, "but she wouldn't tell us anymore details and said we should not ask until you have recovered"

Ntando who had been smiling all of a sudden lowered her face and started rubbing her legs nervously as she sat on the couch.