Chapter 20

Silence filled the car as two kids fell asleep on the back seat. Tsukauchi offered to give them a ride to Aizawa's apartment which the pro-hero accepted. It was already midnight and the children were exhausted that Aizawa wasn't even able to explain to them what will happen from now on. He just told them that he will be their temporary guardian.

"So, who is babysitting Tenko and Izuku?" Tsukauchi asked, eyes focused on the road.

"They are having a camping in UA with the other teachers." Aizawa answered. It was Nedzu's suggestion. The only thing that Aizawa hesitated at first was because he does not really trust Nemuri with children, but eventually he agreed to it. Tsukauchi hummed.

Suddenly, Aizawa's phone vibrated, notifying him of a new message.

From: Unknown Number

Time: 12:57am

Yoohoo! Miss me? (づ ̄ ³ ̄)

My prey moved in Japan.

Tell me if you heard someone called "ZEUS".

From: Unknown Number

Time: 12.59am

I heard you are now a dad!

Congrats Mr. CATerpillar!

I also adopted a big kitten!

From: Unknown Number

Time: 1:01am

Save my number. (‿‿)づ\

Aizawa stared at his phone for a couple of minutes before he saved the number and replied.

To: Suicide Maniac

Time: 1:10am

k.

From: Suicide Maniac

Time: 1:11am

Same as ever, cuz.

"We're here." Tsukauchi announced. They both carried the boys and laid them on the guest room. Aizawa thanked the detective before the former left. Honestly, the pro-hero wasn't sure how he found himself in this situation. Tenko was getting well from his trauma but not completely well. He was sure Izuku will be happy to find new friends but Aizawa doesn't want to overwhelm the new kids. It was already planned to talk to Tamaki and Hitoshi tomorrow morning. But he will also need to explain the new situation to his sons.

His phone vibrated again and it was Yamada. He sent a picture of Tenko, Izuku and Mashirao sleeping together. Tenko was curled up on the side and Mashirao hugging his tail. Izuku was in the middle occupying most of the space with his hands and feet extended. Aizawa remembered how he usually found Tenko on the floor, been kicked out of his bed by Izuku every time the younger boy sneaked on his big brother's room. Tenko never complained, he silently appreciating the company of someone. (He even hit his head on the side table once, but he never mentioned it to Izuku. Aizawa wouldn't even found out if he didn't notice the bump when he patted the boy's head.) Aizawa smiled. He was glad they were both fine.

Shinso woke up from the smell of bacon. He was hungry. Although the police gave them sandwiches last night, it wasn't enough for them but they didn't say anything.

"Are you awake, Shinso?" He heard a weak voice beside him. He turned to his right to find Tamaki staring at him. Shinso nodded. "I'm hungry."

"Me too," Tamaki agreed. Suddenly, a knocked on the door made them flinched. When the door opened, it revealed the weird pro-hero who always looked tired. He stared at them, observing their reaction. "Breakfast is ready." Then, he left.