Chapter 12

Mashirao held on Izuku's hand tightly. They've been walking for half an hour already and they still can't see any person to ask for help. They don't know where they are, all they can see was the place looked like an abandoned town. Old newspapers and posters were scattered and trashes were everywhere. They were surrounded by old buildings and apartments with no one occupying it.

Izuku was scared, and felt guilty. If only he didn't insist of following the stray cat nearby their school, they wouldn't get lost. He just wanted to help the cat because it looked hungry and dirty. And as much as he felt bad, he was glad Macchan is here with him.

"Don't worry, Izu. I will protect you. And I'm sure heroes will come and save us!" Macchan told him. Izuku wiped his tears for a moment before he nodded. "H-Heroes will s-save us."

"Heroes won't care."

They were startled by a voice. They turned to the direction where it came from and saw a boy sitting in a corner. He's wearing a black shirt and brown khaki shorts. He was looking down so all they can see was his messy grayish-blue hair. He looked older than them but still a young boy.

"W-Why would y-you say that?" Izuku asked. The boy raised his head and stared at them. Izuku gasped. Not because of how dry the boy's skin was, or his lips were chapped. But because of the visible not completely healed wounds on his right eye and under his lips.

"Heroes won't care. They only care about money and popularity. They really don't care about saving us." He said in a low tone. "People said 'the heroes will come and handle him', 'heroes will save him'. But they didn't. They just glanced at me and then left."

Izuku walked towards him with Macchan following behind, still not letting go of his hand. Izuku sat on the front of the boy. "Are you okay?"

The boy looked on the eyes of the green haired kid and see if he was pitying him or mocking him. But no, his eyes only show worry and sincerity. "Are you also lost? Can't you find your home too?" He shook his head. "I don't have a home anymore. Mother left and father died."

No one said anything for a moment. "Mommy and daddy left me too," Izuku whispered. "But Zawa-san found me and adopted me. If I don't have Zawa-san, I'm still in the forest right now."

'Forest?' Mashirao thought. Izuku continued, "Zawa-san is a hero. Like a ninja hero. And he saved me."

"H-Hero?" The boy was unsure. Izuku nodded. "That's why I'm sure if he found you, he will save you too!"

"S-Save me?" He looked down again. He reached for something on his back and showed it to them. The two preschoolers gasped louder this time. The boy was now holding a hand with his four fingers, his pinky was raised. "I k-killed father with my q-quirk. I only have this."

He was ready for the two boys to get scared of him and shriek but he received none of it. They were just stay stilled, looking with horror at the hand. He decided to continue, "Your hero won't save someone who killed his father."

"But you didn't mean it, right?" It was the blonde hair boy who spoke this time.

"Does it matter?" He muttered.

Mashirao was mad. "Of course it matters! Mommy said that kids accidentally hurt someone because of their quirk sometimes. But it doesn't mean we wanted it to happen!"

"The heroes won't care about that either."

"THEN THEY ARE NOT REAL HEROES!" Mashirao yelled. Izuku was surprised, he never seen Macchan mad. But more than that, he was determined. "Mommy said not all heroes are the same. Izu-chan's Zawa-san is a real hero. So, he will care!"