Chapter 2

Izuku's life changed, but since Totoro came, he doesn't feel lonely anymore. Even though he missed his mom and dad, it's fine now.

Totoro was always awake in the evening and asleep every morning. So, Izuku changed his routine to play with Totoro more. He also let Izuku sleep on top of him and he's so fluffy and soft that it was ten times better than Izuku's bed.

"I'm hungry," Izuku said when his stomach made a sound. Totoro stare at him before standing up and went to the living room. Izuku followed him.

He looked around and when he finds a good spot, he started to bounce without jumping. Izuku has no idea what was Totoro's doing, but it seems fun! So, he ran to his side and copied his move. Totoro was pleased and started to raise his big paws, up and down, while bouncing. Izuku did the same.

"Oh, I know! We are dancing, aren't we?" he asked Totoro. He just looked at him and smiled but continued their moves. After a few seconds, the ground shook. Izuku was surprised but Totoro was smiling wider. Before Izuku have time to get scared, the floor cracked and a plant appeared, getting bigger and bigger until it's now taller a few inches to the boy.

"Waaaah!" Izuku was fascinated. When small strawberries showed up, Izuku squealed. He looked back to Totoro, "Totoro! You have a quirk! You have a quirk!"

When finally, Totoro stopped, the plant was now full of red shining strawberries. Izuku was about to get one but paused and looked at Totoro, asking for permission. When Totoro nodded, he immediately gets one and taste it.

"Hmmm! It's yummy! Can I have more?" he asked. Totoro picked one and gently shoved it to the boy's mouth. Izuku then realized it. "Did you make this for me?" Totoro nodded and make a happy noise, well, sounds more like a groan, but Izuku knew better. He hugged him again.

"Thank you, Totoro! You're the best!"

Since then, Totoro fed Izuku with fruits and raw vegetables that can fit in the apartment. For a month, the empty place was now looked like a jungle.

Izuku was contented. He doesn't go out anymore. Although he missed Kacchan, he's scared that he will use his quirk to Izuku again. And he can't leave Totoro alone, not if people like in the picture book will treat him as a scary monster. They were fine with staying inside forever, until they heard several knocks one afternoon.

"Never open the door to stranger, Izuku." His mom told him before. Izuku remembered what was taught to him.

"Is there anyone home?" a voice of a man. Totoro groaned before Izuku "shh" him.

"I heard you! Look, Mr. and Mrs. Midoriya. You're three months late on paying the rent. If you don't pay next week, I have no choice but to make you leave! You can't hide inside forever!" He then left.

Izuku was shakng. Mom and dad haven't returned yet. What is he gonna do? Totoro, not knowing why his little boy was scared, lift him up and cuddled him. Izuku giggled.

"We can't stay here anymore, Totoro. We need to leave. But I don't want them to see you! That's why you need to hide. But you're too big to hide. If only I am big enough to make a big bagandputyouinsidesoyoucanhidetherewhileIpullyoubutthenyoulookedheavy..."

Totoro was kept on blinking while Izuku mumbled. He gets confused so he roared to get his attention. Izuku was startled and stopped. The fluffy-bear-rabbit put him down and started to glow.

Izuku gasp when he noticed that his friend was getting smaller. When the glow stopped, Totoro was now almost the same size of Izuku's hands.

"Wooooow!You are really so cool!" Totoro jumped to his shoulder. "Now you can hide inside my bag!"

That night, Izuku packed some of his clothes, notebooks and his favorite All Might toy. When he's done, he wears his jacket and turned to his friend, "Are you okay to go inside the bag?"

Instead of answering, the now small creature hopped to him and hide inside the jacket. Izuku laughed.

"Ready?" Totoro smiled.

It's dark outside, but Izuku feel safe. He's not alone. They left the apartment with the different plants inside.

"Do you think we should say sorry to the man earlier? But then, I don't want him to see us. Maybe I should write a letter. But I don't know how to spell right. Kacchan said that I'm bad in spelling, unlike him. Kacchan is really smart. He can even read better than me and his quirk is really cool...." Izuku spent the time of walking by telling Totoro about Kacchan, the Daycare, All Might and almost the whole story of his life.

Totorosnuggled and listened in every word even though he can't understand some of it.But it's okay, he likes the voice of his innocent creator, the boy who gave himlife.