Chapter Three

((AUTHOR'S NOTE: HEEEEY so sorry I was MIA for a few months. I am back! I'm so happy you guys like my story :3 It's my first fan-fic and I'm so glad it is praised. I plan to make this a pretty long story with short chapters, so bare with me! XD Without further ado, enjoy the story!))

Zelda's Point of View

Today has been rather slow, and it bothered me. No complaints or claims of raped or beaten women, or any other crime. Maybe the new system worked.

The castle itself has also been very quiet. With no work, it has given me time to think. It's been four months since Link has left the castle. Though everything seemed okay on the outside, inside of me grows rage and longing for him to come back... And I wish I could admit it. I wish I could run to him and tell him how much I want him.

It's a sad unspoken tale that I hope will be broken.

As I walk through my castle's ancient hallways, gazing from paintint to painting, I find myself looking through the past. All of the different heroes and all of the different princesses and all of the different villians... An endless chain of good versus evil in a neverending battle for power.

But one thing was out of place... Where was the love? Did not one of the heroes all in love with their princesses, and vice versa? At last, I stood upon the hero's final triumph as he held the princess to his chest. What a glorious moment... I gazed in silence, thanking my hero silently for his courage. But not before long, I heard heavy footsteps down the hall. I turned to see... Him.

He came closer. For an instant, our crystal blue eyes locked on each other's and we stared; him still progressing towards me, and myself, unable to move from where I stood. He stopped in front of me, and we shared a silent moment, just gazing at each other. I wanted so badly to hug him... To even kiss him... I examined his handsome and defined facial features and his beautiful smile. I could tell he wanted something from me... But what was it?

What did he want?

Link's Point of View

I arrived in Hyrule quicker than I thought. As an excuse, I told Talon I had to move back to the castle on Her Majesty's orders, and he easily accepted it. Now I stood in front of her... Her beauty radiated over everything, and her smile—Oh, her smile—made my heart warm. This silent feeling between us grew stronger. I was so happy to be here again.

"Your Majesty." I whispered, breaking the silence between us. "I would like to ask if I may move back here... In the castle... I hear of various crimes towards women and I am concerned for your wellbeing. I would like to be your personal bodyguard until this is over." I explained to Zelda, and her eyes glowed with surprise and happiness.

"Yes!" Zelda exclaimed loudly, but then cleared her throat and lowered her voice. "Yes of course. This sounds ordeal. There is an open guest room down the hall from my master bedroom. Link... I am glad you're back. I... Believe your place is here in Hyrule..." Zelda then whispered, looking down to the ground.

I chuckled, taking her small, delicate hands into my now rough ones. I rubbed her knuckles with my thumb soothingly, making her look at our hands. I knew she was stressed. I laid a gentle kiss onto her forehead. Zelda's face was shocked and surprised, but she said nothing of. It. Reluctantly I let go of her hands and smiled down at her. I had a good seven inches on her.

"Now, Your Majesty... I would like to talk about this new chaos over dinner. When will dinner be served?" I asked curiously.

Zelda looked to the ground, thinking. "Six o'clock." The female responded. "I will escort you to your bedroom. I assume you have yout bags?" Zelda asked. I nodded, and we walked off.

~~~

Zelda took me to my new bedroom. It wasn't down the hallway from her bedroom. It was directly across from her bedroom. I silently chuckled. Zelda had left to prepare herself for dinner and I sighed happily.

I am where I belong. Hyrule is safe from Ganondorf. Zelda is safe from Ganondorf. In the mirror, where I pulled my belt on over my green tunic, I silently promised to Zelda and myself that I would do everything in my power to give her all of my protection and all of my love, if she ever wanted. I will be Zelda's. Her's and her's alone.

And I went downstairs.