Chapter Nine

Zelda's Point of View

I couldn't help but pace my office, whimpering, crying, doing anything to distract myself. I had this weird feeling something would go horribly wrong...

Then again, I'm on my period, so why does it matter? The feelings are based on my monthly cause of stress.

But I feel like I needed Link. I needed him right with me. Right now. Holding me, telling me that he's all right, and everything in the world is all right.

What a lie.

These feelings and cravings drove me insane. Link was in a foriegn land with an old, but not completely friendly, friend.

I finally sat down at my desk and picked up an old book from a few years ago, skimming through it to distract me.

Like hell it worked. I threw the book across my desk and put my face in my hands, sobbing into them. A week and a half without my Link...

But all went silent when there's a knock at my door.

"Zelda? Do I hear you crying?" A familiar male voice asked. I shot up from my seat and threw open the door.

"Link! I missed you so m-" I started, but cleared my throat as the Head of the Council came by.

"Yes, the Captain is back. Now work must continue. Just because of this atrocious event, does not make this a holiday." The Head announced and with a nod of his head, he walked away. Link looked uneasy and walked into my office, shutting the door behind him.

"My Zelda... I assume you heard the news..." Link sighed and hugged me tightly to his chest, stroking my hair. What news? I was crying because I missed Link so much. Did the love I held for him blind me from the current events?

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, gently pushing away enough to look up and into his eyes. Link frowned and wiped away my tears with the pad of his thumb.

"I heard you crying and I assumed it was because of Lander..." Link muttered. I tensed in his arms, and I knew he felt it because he rubbed my bare arms. "Zelda... I will not tell this lightly, because I believe in telling my love the whole truth." Link warned. "Lander and his army demolished Rebuin. The King of Rebuin is dead... His wife was taken for-" Link caughed himself and gulped.

"Caught for what?" I asked quietly, but knew what he would say. She was taken by Lander's men to be raped and tortured.

Link stroked my hair back. "But Lander... He has turned ballistic. He told me he wanted to marry you, Zelda. Before we broke out into a huge battle with Rebuin. I saw Lander slaughter the King himself, cutting off his head and-" Link stopped when he saw my disgusted and pale face. I knew he was so used to talking with the soldiers and not to a lady. "Sorry, my dear. I'm sorry." Link shook his head and kissed my forehead.

"Zelda... We need to make some changes. I had a secret meeting with the Council before I came to see you." Link explained. I pulled him closer and kissed his neck softly. I heard a groan of pleasure. It was his sweetspot.

"Zelda... Not now, my dear. If you're willing, I promise to continue that later." Link smirked and massaged my hips tenderly and I squeaked, pulling away from him. A hearty laugh escaped his lips and I blushed.

"Link, what did you meet with the Council about?" I asked curiously.

Just before he could speak, a guard rushed down the hall and slammed my office door open, causing me to jump back, but Link casually turned.

"Your Majesty! Prince Lander has demanded your presence!" The soldier explained in a scared tone.

Link's Point of View

Knowing all about Lander and his plans, I grabbed a hold of Zelda's hand and pulled her roughly downstairs. Zelda gasped and whimpered, and I muttered apologies, but I was too sick with anger to help it.

Soon enough, Lander stood in the castle's foyer and we greeted each other with a nasty glare. Seeing this, Zelda looked confused.

"What is going on?!" Zelda demanded and stomped her foor like a child. If we weren't in this position, I would have thought she was adorable, picked her up and taken her to my bedroom, if you know what I mean.

Lander chuckled darkly. "My dear, no one dares to enlighten you, do they?"

Zelda gasped as his tone towards her. Lander stepped toward Zelda, but I protectively pushed her behind me ad unshealthed my sword.

"No need to get defensive, Hero. I think it's rational if we had a discussion. Just the three of us. No?" Lander chuckled darkly. "My troops are lined up on Hylian borders. As soon as I give the order, they will charge without hesitation." Lander glared at me. I felt Zelda's hands on my back, grabbing softly to the tunic. I could tell she was terrified, not knowing a single thing. The poor girl.

I looked behind myself to Zelda. She nodded slowly, not really having too much power here. If these troops were prepared, like Lander proposed, then there was no point in denying him.

I turned and gently pushed Zelda down the hall, with Lander behind us. I eyed each guard, and they knew by my gaze to prepare for battle.

I will not let Lander take what belongs to me.