Chapter Two

Zelda's Point of View

As I watched Link leave, my heart grew with intense pain. It was as if someone was pulling my soul apart. A soft sigh passed through my lips. There was nothing I could have done. Now was the time to move on to more major matters.

Upon the day consisted of rebuilding some shops and buildings that perished during Ganondorf's reign. As I composed the activities of the workers, I was distracted.

There was a girl, about my age, that worked in Lon Lon Ranch with her father... Was that why Link was moving there to work? I wanted so badly to think otherwise, that for him, it was the only place to go since Kokiri Forest wasn't an option anymore.

No no... Link could have stayed with me in the castle... He could have been the Hylian Captain...

That was what I wanted. And I sound selfish. This was Link's decision. Not mine.

~~~

"Your Majesty, you musn't worry about this anymore... You're hurting yourself..."

In front of me stood the Economics Manager for Hyrule. There have been multiple crimes involving bank robery. I worked hard to figure out what to do about this as Hyrule's princess. This was my distraction from... Him...

"This is my country. I need to fix this. We must all live in peace. The criminals need to be caught and punished accordingly." I explained, looking over to the other.

He sighed, tapping his utensil on my desk.

"Yes yes... But I still think we should increase the security... Have more guards in patrol on the streets." He suggested, but I simply shook my head.

"No. Our army works too hard. They need more time off and time to spend with their families and wives and children. Maybe I'll switch patrol routes around..." I muttered, looking over at a layout of Castle Town's streets and various shops.

"You know... Crime has increased so much... Along with all of the roberies..."

The male whispered, looking down.

"I know." I snapped at him, but sighed and turned, walking to my seat at my desk and sitting.

Various assults, sexual and physical, have also erupted. It wad like a sense of disorder was placed throughout my citizens. The most fearful part was that mostly women would be beaten by their husbands who were once gentle people. Women raped by unknown persons.

This was chaos. Never in the history of Hyrule was disorder so bad. I knew something was happening, and it wasn't coincedental. Someone, or many someones, was creating this.

It was an uprising of a new terror.

Link's Point of View

Days on the ranch were amazing. In the daytime, I worked hard. Tending to the livestock, working on a new field of crops they had planted, and of course, drinking all the Lon Lon Milk I could. This retirement was okay. I couldn't complain.

Though... There was one thing that put me off. Malon, Talon's daughter, who was the owner, took a particular liking to me.

During my long journey to save Zelda and Hyrule, I frequently stopped by to have some milk and unwind after a few dungeons. Malon favored me then as well.

To be honest, most of the Hylian women took alot of interest into me, so I expected the same. It's not like I don't like the attention, but really, I'm not so special.

So one day, I decided to talk with Malon.

"Malon, good morning." I exclaimed, giving her a smile as I cleaned out one of the cow's pens.

Malon blushed very lightly and smiled a big grin. "H-Hi Link... Good morning!" Malon laughed. "How did ya sleep?" Malon asked. She had a light farmgirl accent.

"Pretty well... And you, Malon?" I asked, just to be nice.

"Very well! Hey, have you heard about all the crime in Hyrule's Castle Town? It's all over the newspaper, Hyrule Times!" Malon explained.

My face turned quizzical, and I looked up in confusion. Crime? Have I really not been paying attention to the outside world?

I stood up straight and cleared my throat.

"What kind of crimes?" I asked.

"Lots and lots of robery... Mostly in banks. And also more rapes and beatings toward women. It's terrible, ain't it?!" Malon sighed and began to work again.

'Zelda...' I thought to myself. All I could think about was her... I haven't seen her in almost three months. Her beautiful face... Magnificent hair... Gorgeous body...

I shook my head and growled lowly to myself. I always had that strangr connection with her. Like I needed to be by her side and protect her. I felt in that instant that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That's when I decided to go back to Hyrule.