Chapter Fourteen

Zelda's Point of View

A month later, I find myself in Lander's castle. For such a crude man, he has wealth. His castle was a broad stone structure to express strength and sprinkled with laces of gold to show his power and superiority. His castle was built up high in the middle of his city. Rebuin was built from ashes.

Long ago, before I was born, Rebuin wasn't Rebuin, but a minor country. Hyrule was not involved, but were bystanders. This country thrived on rich natural resources that the land had. More powerful countries fought over who got what raw materials, but this little country said that no one could have any of their materials. The more dominant countries laughed, thinking that it was a joke. The little country put up its' defenses as a response, and this only made the more powerful countries angry. When the little country still refused, four out of the five powerful countries began to attack the little country, slaughtering men and raping women and children. The fifth country only watched, Hyrule. This was why Rebuin and Hyrule remained neutral and not enemies. There were only thirty survivors out of the thousands living there. From those thirty, they populated and took in refugees from other countries, and soon built up the powerful country of Rebuin.

Before I came to Lander's castle, I brought a bag with me and was packing it up in my room. Link visited me, telling me that I didn't have to do this. But I did. What other choice was there? Rebuin was not the little country it was almost a thousand years ago. They were known for being merciless.

Link was so reluctant to let me go, but he made me kiss him, and I ended up kissing him passionately for a while before leaving. It wasn't helping that I needed to forget about him because I was marrying Lander, though.

Now, I have my own room. Purely white, a bride's room. Tomorrow is my wedding day. Tomorrow, I will marry Lander. In his country. In his castle. In front of Link. My heart ached so much now, and I realize, after a month of agreement, that I am still in love with Link. Lander has been very kind, and it seems like this marriage will work, but he isn't who I love.

In my temporary room had my wedding dress on a manniquin. The dress was mostly white lace with some flowers around the waist, and had a matching flower headband.

Before I could reach over to touch the fabric, a knock was heard at the door.

"Yes, Link?" I called, but I tensed up when Lander entered.

"My bride, he does not exist in your life anymore." Lander scorned with a frown. I looked away and he roughly took my wrist and pulled me towards him. I flinched and gasped.

"Oh Zelda, you have such a pathetic mind, you know." Lander chuckled darkly. My eyes widened. This was the first time he was mean in the past month. "I have rules, girl, and you will learn them. The number one rule is to never, and I truly mean when I say NEVER mention Link again. You are not his wife. You are MY wife."

I gulped and my eyes were wide. What was this man saying? Why was he being this way. When I tried to pull away from him, Lander suddenly slammed me up against the wall, making me yelp out in pain.

"You whore!" Lander yelled. "How dare you try and move from me!" Lander took his other hand and pulled my hair hard, causing me to yell and tear up. "You're a little whore. You'll be my own little sex slave. You're too weak to be truly my wife. I'm too powerful to have a wife. A wife means we are equal. We are not. I am your superior, and I always will be." Lander hissed out. Instinctly, I tried and pull away from Lander again. Lander took his hand and slapped me hard, causing my body to fly across the room into the corner. Lander when to the closet and pulled out a whip.

"I keep one in every room." Lander chuckled darkly, slowly advancing towards me. "I just can't want to see you bloody on my floor, Zelda. Your people watched as they slaughtered my people. Now, we will do the same." Lander laughed. I watched in pure agony as he raised the whip and the leather strip came down on my body hard, making me scream. "It was so hilarious to see you act the role as heroine to try and save your precious people by choosing to marry me, Zelda. But really, now that you've lost," The whip came down on me again, my dress ripping, and the whip making contact with my very thin skin, "You should know the truth."