Back To Far Far Away (Or not..)

As we walked to the boat, I felt Artie take my hand into his and I looked up at him. I smiled and kissed his cheek softly. Once we were on the boat, we began to float on the water away from the school. "I can't believe it.. me a king? I-I mean I know I came from royalty and all but.. I just figured everyone forgot about me." He said and I giggled. "How can we forget you?" I said to him, with a smile. "Oh no, in fact, the king asked for you personally." Shrek said and Artie replied; "Really? Wow.. look, I know it's not all gonna be fun and games." "It really is all fun and games, actually." Shrek told him. "Sure, you have to knight a few heros, launch a ship or two. By the way, make sure you hit the boat just right with the bottle." "Boat with a bottle? Any idiot can hit a boat with a bottle." Artie said and Shrek chuckled a bit. "Well, I've heard it's harder than it looks." He said and Artie smiled.

"Whoa, this gonna be huge! Parties, princesses, castles.. princesses! Mainly this one!" He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders, making me giggle. "You're so silly." "It's gonna be great, Artie! You'll be living in the lap of luxury. They got the finest chefs around waiting for you to place your order!" Donkey said and then Puss added; "And fortunately, you'll have the royal food tasters." "Oh yeah, what do they do?" Artie asked, wanting to know more. "They taste the food, before the king eats, to make sure it's not poisoned." Puss said. "Poisoned?" Artie asked and Shrek quickly said; "Or too salty." You could tell by the look on his face, that he was trying to get these to goofs to shut up. "Don't worry, you'll be safe and sound with the help of your body guards." Donkey told Artie and he then asked; "Body guards?" "All of them, willing at a moment's notice to lay down their own lives, out of devotion to you." Puss said. "Really?" Artie looked a little worried and then I looked up at Shrek, seeing him trying to get Puss and Donkey to bequiet. "The whole kingdom will look to you for wisedom and guidance." I shook my head.

"Just make sure they don't die of famine!" Donkey said. "Or plague." Puss added and Donkey agreed. "Oh, plague is bad." "The coughing, the groaning, the festering sores." Puss said and Shrek quickly stepped in, fake lauging. "Oh! Festering sores! Hey, you are one funny kitty cat!" Puss just shrugged. "What did I say?" "We don't want Artie here getting the wrong idea." We all looked around, when we didn't see him. "Uh, Artie?" Shrek said. Then, out of nowhere, the boat jerked, Donkey, Puss and I went flying, Shrek braced himself. "Artie! What are you doing?" He asked, as he pushed him out of the way. Artie then grabbed a shuffle board stick and ran back up to the wheel. "What does it look like?!" He asked, as he jammed it into the wheel. He tried going back, but Shrek kept stopping him. "This really isn't up to you!" Shrek told him, as Arthur stood up and took the wheel. "But I don't know anything about being king!" "You'll learn on the job!" Shrek said, as the boat kept jerking.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm going back!" He said and Shrek said; "Back to what?! Being a loser?!" I gasped. "Shrek?!" Right when he heard those words, Artie let the wheel go and then made Shrek yank it, breaking it off. "Now look what you did!" Shrek yelled. "Look what I did?! Who's holding the wheel, cheif?!" Artie yelled back and then we heard Donkey. "Shrek!" We all looked ahead, seeing nothing but rocks. Shrek tried to put the wheel back and then we hit the rocks. "Land Ho!" The captain said and then, all of us came out the water, cold and wet. I shivered and Artie wrapped his arms around me. Puss tried shaking off the water, but ended up all puffy. "How humiliating.." "Oh, nice going, your highness!" Shrek said and Artie said back; "Oh, so now it's your highness? What happened to loser?! Huh?!" "Hey! If you think this is getting you out of anything, well it isn’t. We’re heading back to Far Far Away one way or another, and you’re gonna be a father!" Shrek said and we all looked at him weirdly. "What?" Artie asked and Donkey told Shrek; "You just said father." "You're.. I said king! You're gonna be king!" "You're gonna be king! Yeah right.. c'mon Dezzy.." He said, mocking Shrek, as he took my hand and walked off. "Where do you think you're going?!" Shrek asked him. "Far Far Away.. from you!" Artie answered. "You got back here, young man and I mean it!" 

Artie and I walked down a forest trail, then he sighed. "What's the matter?" I asked him and he looked at me. "Me being the next king.. do you think, I'd be good for that?" He asked and I smiled. "Actually yes.. with me coming from a royal family, it isn't so hard." I told him and he smiled. "Well.. if I do decide to become king.. will you be my queen, Dezzy?" He asked and I smiled brightly. "I would love to, Artie." I said and I kissed his cheek. He chuckled and then, unexpectedly, he pecked my lips. I could swear that I felt my heart jump and the smile on my face never left.