Chapter Nine: Canaan

Start from the beginning

"I'm open for suggestions," Melissa states but her gaze was on Chris.

"I had an idea, but it's asking a lot," Chris spoke weakly.

"Asking more than risking my job by losing a patient in this hospital?" Melissa leans on the bed as Chris smiles at her.

"It's the Nine Herbs. They counteract nine supernatural venoms. If the herbs are combined in the wrong way, it increases the venom's power," Chris explained to Melissa, as I think I've heard of this before.

"So if I screw up,"

"You'll kill him," I spoke to Melissa as she brought her gaze to meet mine. Melissa leans back up, taking a moment to think about this course of action.

"Can you talk me through it?" She asks Chris. Suddenly, out of no where I became dizzy and weak, like I had just been hit by a truck. I lost my balance and came forward, leaning onto the bed. "Alice?" Melissa's voice was concerned as she rushes from her side to come over to me, grabbing me to keep me steady. But my mind was racing, whispers in my head.

"Wh-whispers," I stutter out as I clutch my head as they were getting louder. Canaan. I heard through the whispers, before a whaling scream came into my mind. As I clutch my hands to my ears, as I felt blood trickle out of them as the scream was deafening. I fell backwards and off my feet, onto the ground, but the scream began to die down... "I'm-I'm fine," I stutter out as I lowered my hands from my ears, my sight became blurry for a moment and it felt like the room was spinning.

"There's blood coming out of your ears," Melissa sounded so worried for me.

"I'll heal," I told her, standing to my feet with the help of Melissa. "I need to go," I spoke but knowing Melissa she would tell me to stop and wait, but I didn't have time. Without letting her speak, I pushed off from my legs and went into vamp-speed, and out of the hospital...

...................................

I drove for a few hours to the town of Canaan, but as I arrived I found Lydia's car. But the whole town was ruined and desolated. I exited my car, and walked the street which Lydia had described to us. It was kind of creepy to walk through, but I began to listen into to finding their heart-beats which came to a house near-by. I didn't waste anytime on rushing over to the house, and tried the wooden door, but it wouldn't open. I used my vampire strength but the door wouldn't budge. I took a step back, and held my hands out at the side of me as I focused on the door.

"Phasmatos Tribum, melan veras, et vasa quisa, exu quisa," I chanted at the door, and twisted both my hands side-ways, and the front door shot open. I raced in the room to see Lydia and this woman staring at me. "Are you alright?" I asked Lydia as she nodded her head to me, but I could hear choking coming from the basement of the house. My eyes widen in shock and I vamp-sped through the house and to the basement door, but it was locked like the front door. I twisted my both my hands once again and the door shot open to reveal to see Scott and Malia choking on water as they were drowning. "Scott, Malia!" I state worried as I reach down the steps, seeing a little boy near an old style TV.

"What are you doing to us?" Scott managed to get his words out.

"You're drowning. Just like me," the little boy spoke, meaning that he was a Ghost. "Now we can be friends forever," I came to the middle of Scott and Malia, placing one hand on each of them.

"Liberent tenent et occisorum non occurrere," I spoke strongly as the spell took place and Scott and Malia wasn't drowning anymore. They both took deep breaths as there gazes met mine. "Are you guys ok?" I ask with worry in my tone.

"Mommy, says you can go," the boy spoke who was now watching the TV, but we didn't waste anytime and climbed the steps and came to the living room in no time.

We see Lydia already waiting outside for us. "Let's get out of here," Scott announces to her as this place was giving everyone the creeps.

"Yeah," she responded as we all exited the garden and onto the street, but Lydia stops and looks back at the house. She began to talk to the woman, but I got a sense of dread, not of this place but something back in Beacon Hills...

Within moments, Scott touched my back indicating for us to leave as Lydia walked in front as we all rushed back to the car. Malia got in the driver side and Scott and I got in the back as Lydia, got the passenger side. Malia didn't waste any time in starting the engine up and off we were, going back to Beacon Hills...

A bit into the drive, I was staring out of the window, as I couldn't shake this feeling I had, a feeling that wasn't going away. Dread that something happened back home. God, has Chris died? No, it couldn't be, because Lydia would have sensed it and so would I. 

"You guys think Stiles sent us here to warn us? Maybe Beacon Hills is gonna be the next ghost town," Scott's voice rang in my ears, pulling me back into reality. 

"If we don't stop it, yes," Malia states. "We need to get them to leave. Now," she was right, if they stay any longer, there won't be anyone left in Beacon Hills to save.

"We can't. Not yet," Lydia spoke up, as all our eyes landed on her, wondering what she had in her head.

"Why can't we get rid of them?" I ask Lydia, my gaze going in her direction.

"Because I saw what happens to the people they've taken when they leave," Lydia responded to my question.

"Do they all die?" Malia asks, taking her gaze to Lydia for a moment. 

"No, It's something worse than death. I felt it in Lenore's memory... It's like their souls hollowed out. They became something else. I think they became Ghost Rider. And then, they were gone," Lydia explained on what she had felt inside Lenore's memory and it sounded quite accurate...

******************

Malia had pulled into Scott's drive-way as Scott and I got out, as he wanted to go through the front door. As we entered, I had caught a scent wasn't possible because he was underground... Scott and I quickly came around the corner to see Liam, Hayden and that dick Theo around the kitchen counter...

"Somehow I don't think we're gonna hug this out," Theo's annoying voice went straight through me and what he did came flooding back into my mind. 

"I hope you realise it's taking all of my strength to not tear you in half right now," Scott states through gritted teeth. 

"I'm also restraining myself from ripping out your heart. Oh wait, it's your sisters," I shot at him as I folded my arms over my chest, as I was also giving him a death glare. Suddenly, coming in from the backroom was Malia who met eyes straight on Theo and began to growl. 

"Hey, Malia. You aren't still upset about the whole shooting thing, are you?" Theo asks innocently, but Malia's eyes glow their bright blue colour, before she roars at him showing off her teeth - which had extended into fangs. Just then, Malia rushes forward, jumping on Theo making him land on his back. As she started to punch him in the face, repeatedly. Fresh blood came into my nostrils which meant she drew blood from him. I couldn't help but smile and watch...

"It's ok, you don't have to stop," Theo states to her. But she got her claws out.

"Trust me, I won't," Malia drew her clawed hand back, ready to strike and kill Theo, but I see Scott's facial expression change dramatically. Meaning that he didn't want her to kill him.

"Motus," I waved my hand out to Malia, and she came flying off of Theo, but she lands on her feet inches away from him. "Slow down, Malia," I told her sternly as she tries to pass to get to Theo...

Boy this was interesting...