Chapter Eight

A few days went by without further incident. Emma was sitting on the couch beside Eddie, flipping through channels on the tv. "How's your back been?" She asked softly.

Eddie shrug. "It's not so bad right now."

She glanced at him. "Are you sure? Sometimes people say things so no one would worry about them. You're not doing that, are you? I feel very bad that you got hurt when I asked you to follow Ryman."

"Em, you did nothing wrong. You was worried about Shawn and wanted me to see if Ryman would lead me to him. But you didn't do anything wrong," he tried to assure her. "I promise, if it gets worse, I'll let you know. Alright?"

She sighed, but nodded. "Okay then." She turned her gaze back to the tv, watching some old show in black and white.

"Emma.." Eddie seemed like he wanted to tell her something, but whatever it was went unsaid. He nodded towards the tv. "This show is boring."

She chuckled. "Right! I'll change it."

***

Violet had started to join them in the living room, she was standing in the door way, listening. She could have sworn that Eddie was going to tell Emma how he felt about her until he changed the subject. She chuckled, rolling her eyes; then went into the kitchen instead.

Dom was already in there, cooking breakfast for everyone.

"I didn't think you liked getting up until 10," she observed.

He chuckled. "I got up earlier than normal, so I decided to stay up and cook breakfast, but don't get used to it."

She also chuckled. "So where's Shawn, Chris, and Ciara at?"

They had decided to adopt Ciara into their group after she had saved Shawn.

Dom thought a moment. "Let's see.. her and Chris went for a walk this morning, but Shawn's still in bed, probably just resting now."

She frowned, thinking about everything Ryman and Rachel did to them. "Has anybody heard from those two since they disappeared?"

He shook his head. "Not that I know of."

She breathed a sigh of relief. "That's good." She glanced back towards the living room, then decided to change the subject. "Do you think my sister likes Eddie as much as he likes her?"

He chuckled. "I think she does. But they are both too stubborn to admit to the other."

***

Ciara followed behind him, skipping happily. "This is so much fun!" She paused, thinking of the dream she had the night before.

She had been skipping through a field of flowers. She was by herself one minute, and then Ryman was standing beside her.

He was smiling at. "You will kill everyone for me, except Emma." He whispered. "When you wake up.." he started saying something that sounded like a spell.

That was when she had woke up, then Chris had been the first person she'd seen when she woke up, and they decided to go for a walk to take her mind off her dream.

She remembered grabbing a knife before they had left, but she wasn't sure why she needed a knife. But she just saw it laying on the kitchen counter, picked it up, and slid it into her back pocket.

Chris glanced back at her. "Ciara? You alright back there?"

She nodded. "I'm fine." She allowed a little shakiness to creep into her voice. "I was thinking about my dream again."