𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

Start from the beginning

"No one," She said, placing a kiss in his lips. "Is dying on my watch."

And oh how she wished that had been true.

Seven months later

The rain pounded against the window, leaving her restless and unable to sleep

The rain pounded against the window, leaving her restless and unable to sleep. It also didn't help that she was in the seventh month of her pregnancy and that no matter how much she tossed around she couldn't find a comfortable position.

But something else was on her mind. 

She'd been feeling like this throughout the whole day as if something had or was about to go horribly wrong, and boy was she right.

It was around 2:30 am when a knock on the door startled her and woke James up. It was nonstop and Lyra could hear yelling.

James was quick to draw his wand, as was Lyra who despite the fact that she could bearly walk, was determined to fight and protect her home.

Slowly, they walked down the stairs while James put a finger up to his lips indicating her to remain quiet.

The closer they got the louder the pounding and cries were, and Lyra didn't take long to realise the person behind the door was-

"Lily? What's wrong?" Lyra questioned as she opened the door.

The drenched redhead walked passed the couple and into the living room, James and Lyra exchanging looks before following her.

"They've killed her." Lily's voice was hoarse as if she'd been crying nonstop.

"What?" James questioned, starting to get worried as he saw the state his friend was in.

Lily's makeup had been smudged all over her face, her hair was messy and wet from the rain and her clothes looked dirty, stained with-

"Lily, who's blood is that?" Lyra questioned wearily, pointing at the big crimson stain on her shirt.

And then Lily completely broke down, falling on the floor as she sobbed into her hands. "I-I left for a few hours - I di-didn't think anything wou-would happen!" Her body shook uncontrollably as she stammered through her words. "I got home and she-she was dead. There-there was so much blood." She looked up at the pair, green eyes red from crying, and then Lyra knew who she was talking about.

"Oh my god." Lyra took a few steps back, knocking into the couch and unconsciously sitting down as she bought a hand up to her mouth.