𝖛𝖎. 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵.

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖘

♡♡♡♡

"You know, when I said you needed a change, I meant like going out more or going shopping, not chopping all your hair off." 

Lyra stared at her reflection horror, completely ignoring Lily's words. Half of her black hair was on the floor while the other half was clutched in her shaking hand. Her eyes began to swell as her breath was hitched at the back of her throat.

"Why don't we just take these away from you." Marlene slowly approached the upset girl, carefully taking the kitchen scissors away from her.

"My hair," Lyra said in bearly a whisper. 

"You look good though." Lily tried to ease the tension with a smile. She placed her hand on Lyra's back but pulled away at her flinching.

"My. Hair." Lyra repeated, this time a little louder, and before everyone knew it, she was hysterically crying into the chunk of hair. "What have I done!" She wailed, getting embraced by Lily and Marlene.

"Oh, don't cry Ly!" Lily comforted. "You look beautiful! Sure it's a drastic change, but look at your self!" 

Lyra listened, looking at herself through her tears. Lily was right, it was a drastic change. From hair down to her hips to now right above her collar bones. But she looked stunning.

"And, if you're not convinced, you can always use the hair changing spell and go back to normal," Marlene suggested, but Lyra shook her head, calming.

"No. I needed a change." She spoke, mostly trying to convince herself. With a deep breath, she waved her wand around, cleaning up the hairy mess she had caused. 

"Oh, how disastrous!" Moaning Myrtle cackled as she floated over to the three girls, getting way to close to Lyra's face for her liking.

"Go away, Myrtle!" Lily yelled as she swatted Myrtle away, making the dead girl gasp and fly into her stall before beginning to wail. Loudly.

"Maybe we should go..." Marlene suggested, pointing towards the door with her thumb.

  "MAYBE YOU SHOULD!" Myrtle cried loudly, making the three girls scatter out of the abandoned toilet. 

"Blimey, this girl's got to sort out her problems." Marlene shook her head with a huff, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, you die at 14 and see how you like it," spoke Lyra as they entered the Great Hall.

Ignoring the stares, she walked to the Gryffindor table as the girls spotted the marauders. James and Sirius were sticking breadsticks in their mouth, pretending to be walruses, while Peter and Remus laughed hysterically.

"Hello, boys," Lily spoke, making James yank the food out his mouth, a pink tint forming on his cheeks. "Hello, girlth" Sirius winked, making them giggle. He then took the breadsticks out his mouth and began eating them. His eyes fell on Lyra. "Wow, what happened to your hair?" he spoke with wide eyes, leaning over to touch a few strands. Lyra's hand flew up to her hair, feeling self-conscious and wondering if she had made the right decision.

"She cut her hair?" Lily spoke in an obvious tone, placing a comforting hand on Lyra's shoulder. "She looks good, right?"

James, who was still red from embarrassed, turned to look at Lyra. His heart stopped. Her anxiousness was evident in the crease of her brows and the nervous biting of her pink lips along with her red cheeks that matched his. But her eyes, her eyes showed her soul. They were a deep restless storm off grey. As he looked into her eyes, despite the fact they told him how tired and in pain she was, he realised one simple thing: she was beautiful. Lyra's beauty was something taking out of an old book. Timeless, incomparable and - confusing.

Why was he just noticing that now? Was it the hair?  She did like to hide behind her long black locks. But he'd seen her face before. He'd been somewhat close to her, so why was he just noticing the small freckles dusted over her nose? Why hadn't he realised the small chicken pocks scar on her forehead, resembling a crease of the moon that matched the colour of her eyes? And why was he looking at Lyra and not at Lily, his one true love?

His head began to spin, his heart began to race and before he knew it he was running out of the Main Hall.

"That was weird..." Lily murmured.

"Maybe he just got the shits." Sirius shrugged, before turning back to his food.

♡♡♡♡

a/n: Hi I'm pissed bc Aaron Taylor-Johnson is not single.

Also, ik some of you are really going through it atm, so feel free to DM if you need to talk, advice, help etc... you can talk to me about anything!

ily all <3

-anjo1006