𝖎. 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢.

𝖑𝖞𝖗𝖆 𝖊𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖆𝖓𝖊 

♡♡♡♡

Lyra Edevane started her day with an overwhelming panic. Not only had she just remembered about her first Transfiguration test of the term, but she also realized one of her favourite drawings had gone missing.

She flipped through the many drawings and paintings she kept in the secret folder hidden under the loose floorboards under her fourposter bed, hoping and praying to Merlin that somehow, someway, the drawing would magically appear from thin air. It didn't.

She huffed, defeated. It could be anywhere in the castle, or even in Hogsmeade where she'd spent the past Saturday shopping at the various shops. She cursed at her self, wondering why she even brought the folder with her in the first place. Then again, if she hadn't, she wouldn't of have drawn the beautiful portrait of those four boys back at The Three Broomsticks.

She checked the small watch that decorated her wrist and sighed. She thought it was best to head over to the Main Hall before class, not wanting to start her day with an empty stomach. So she quickly hid her drawings, changed into her robes and left her dormitory.

Meanwhile, four boys gathered around one of their beds, staring at the drawing James had found that weekend at the library.

"Do I seriously look like that from the back?" Sirius questioned concerned.

"It's just a drawing, Padfoot," Remus muttered, taking the picture and inspecting it's front and back.

"You look good, though," Peter spoke, making the Sirius grin proudly.

"So, who do you think drew it?" James questioned, adjusting his glasses. "I mean, it's well-drawn and all. I just don't get why someone would want to draw us." 

"Maybe we've got a secret admirer," Sirius smirked.

"Or a stalker."  Peter panicked.

"Please, Wormtail. We don't have a stalker. Maybe Padfoot, but not us." 

"Yeah, James' right." Remus agreed, placing the drawing back on the bed. "L.E. Who do you guys think it is?"

"It could be anyone." Sirius shrugged. "I mean, you got Louise Ericsson in Ravenclaw, Logan Eliott in Gryffindor, Lana Eason in Slytherin..."

"I don't even know who those people are." James furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well, you would if you spent your day shagging around like Sirius over here." Remus rolled his eyes while Sirius smirked. "Anyway, we're hopeless. Too many students' initials start with L E. And unless we go around checking each and every person, we won't find anything."

The young lycanthrope looked up to find James and Sirius with same expressions plastered on their faces. "No. Hell no." Remus shook his head profusely. "We are not doing that! We have exams this week, I'm not spending my time trying to find whoever this mysterious Picasso is!"

"But Mooooony" Sirius groaned, getting up from his kneeling position. "You don't even have to study for these tests! You're smart enough to know everything by just reading it one time!"

"Yeah! And we haven't been doing anything fun lately!" James followed up.

"You mean mischievous?" Remus cocked an eyebrow at the boy.

"Yeah, that too."

Remus sighed, it wasn't like he didn't want to know who L. E was, he just wanted to spend a term without getting detention or mucking around. But he was a marauder and if duty called, well then-

"Fine! Okay, we'll look for this E. L person. Now, can we please get to the Main Hall? I need coffee or I'll start punching people's throats."

***

It was usual for the Marauders to cause a scene wherever they went, so it was no surprise to Lyra when they came crashing in the Main Hall, hysterically laughing as they rushed over to the Gryffindor table.

She couldn't help but frown. A part of her, deep down, wished she'd been placed in Gryffindor, but like the rest of her family, she'd been placed in Slytherin.

She envied Sirius. How come he, being part of the 28 pure-blood families and having each and every member in his family be a Slytherin, yet he gets chosen to be in Gryffindor? Why couldn't've she be chosen too? She was brave, daring and had enough nerve. But maybe, just maybe, there was something in her, something dark that all Slytherins possessed, making her the perfect Slytherin.

"Poor thing." a female voice spoke from the Gryffindor table, grabbing the quartet's attention.

Lily took the seat next to Remus, while Marlene sat next to Sirius, both exchanging smiles as she did so.

"Poor who?" Sirius questioned.

"Lyra Edavane." Lily nodded over to the girl, who sat far away from the Slytherin students, as she ate some porage every so often without much enthusiasm.

"What about her?" Remus curiously asked, taking a sip of the scalding hot coffee.

"Didn't you hear about her breakup with Lucius last week? It was brutal. She caught your cousin - Narcissa - in bed with him." 

Sirius rolled his eyes. "My cousin's a slag."

James, who still trying to recover from the fact that Lily had even sat down with them after their stunt last Sunday - turned to look at Lyra.

"Weren't they best friends, though? Lyra and Narcissa I mean." Peter questioned, taking a huger bite of his toast.

"Yep. That's what makes it worse." Marlene replied.

"Wait, why do you guys care anyway? And what on earth are you doing sitting with us? Didn't you hate us?" Sirius questioned as he came to the realisation of the two girls sitting with them.

"Well, can't we feel bad for the poor girl? And, yes I still hate you. We're only here because McGonagall told me to get Remus for some Prefects meeting." 

And, while Remus, Lily and Marlene all got up and left, James - who's attention still hadn't left Lyra - thought to himself.

Could Lyra Edevane be L.E?

♡♡♡♡

𝐚/𝐧: 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐩! 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲!

𝐱𝐱-𝐚𝐧𝐣𝐨𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟔