𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱.

𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖕

♡♡♡♡

***

"We need to talk."

Lyra watched Lily take a seat in front of her, startled. "Yeah, sure, take a seat." Lyra sarcastically muttered, closing her Defense Against The Dark Arts book shut. "What's up?"

"It's James." She groaned. "I can't stand it! Do you know what it's like to have someone asking you out every day? Do you?!" Lily looked at Lyra wide-eyed as if she'd finally lost it. She could feel the headache coming any second now.

"Well, no, but-"

"Well let me tell you it freaking sucks!" She yelled a little too loudly, earning a loud 'SHH!' from Madam Pince. "Sorry!" She quickly apologised as she watched the old lady shake her head and go back to her reading. Lily turned her attention back to Lyra. "It freaking sucks!" She repeated in a whisper-yell, eyebrows scrunched into a frow. Ah, there was the headache.

For a second, Lyra thought Lily would start crying right there and then, but when she saw that Lily only looked at her with pleading eyes, she placed a comforting hand on hers. "How can I help?"

Lily sighed, looking down at her empty hand. She began fumbling with one of the books in front of her, picking at the pages. "I, well..."

"What is it?"

Lily took a deep breath. "Can you ask James out? You know, distract him or whatever?" She blurted

"What?!" Lyra pulled her hand away, shocked to have been asked that. "Lily, I can't just ask James out! He doesn't like me that way!" She stared at her friend wide-eyed, cheeks flushed.

Lily gave the girl a desperate look, taking her hand in hers again. "Oh, please Lyra!" She begged. "It doesn't have to be on dates or anything! Just go out with him to Hogsmeade on the weekends, pull pranks on Lucius together or whatever you want, just please get him away from me."

Both girls fell silent, Lily looking at Lyra with pleading eyes while Lyra bit her lip with a frown. She couldn't believe she was even considering this. She couldn't just do that, could she? I mean, she did enjoy James' company and it wasn't like she'd be asking him out on a date or anything, right? 

"Fine." The black-haired girl sighed, giving in. "I'll try and distract James from you."

Lily then bolted up from her seat and rushed to Lyra's side, pulling her up (which shocked Lyra since Lily was so small compared to her) and embraced her in a tight hug. "God, I love you!" She cried. "I owe you big time!"

***

"This is the dumbest idea we've done since yesterday." Remus sighed as he shook his head with a deep frown.

"Aren't you tired of always being the goody-two-shoes of the group, Moony?" Sirius mocked as he tied his hair in a bun, sticking his wand in it to keep it in place.

Remus noticed the small gesture making his cheeks slightly redden and heart skip a beat. Quickly shaking his head to get rid of unwanted thoughts, he said: "It's not that I'm the 'goody-two-shoes'. It's just I'm the only smart one enough to not get us caught. And we are most definitely getting caught."

James rolled his eyes. "Remus, relax. It's not like we're hurting anyone."

"Yeah, Moony. We're only pranking Lucius." Peter said nonchalantly.

Remus shook his head, turning to face Lyra. "And you, I'm surprised you agreed to do this."

"I hate Lucius and you guys needed away in the Slytherin dormitories. It's a win-win." She shrugged, leaning on the armrest of the green velvet couch, taking a bite of the red liquorice Peter had managed to steal that morning. It's also because I promised Lily I'd distract James. She thought. "I've also been promised free butterbeer, right James?" She smiled innocently at the boy who quickly nodded.

"I am a man of my word, Edevane." He spoke proudly, placing his hand over the wrong side of his chest.

The scar-faced boy sighed, giving up. He knew it was no use trying to convince the boys not to follow through with the plan. He had tried it before but it ha been to no avail.

The only good thing that had come out of this was the fact that James was back to speaking with Lyra. All he had needed was time (a whole two days) for himself. He had come to terms that he'd been overreacting and that finding his new friend pretty was no problem at all.

"So, how long do you think it will-"

Before Peter could finish his sentence, a deafening scream was heard from the dormitories, making the five teens run behind the couch to go into hiding. Seconds later, Lucius came running past them, blonde hair now bright pink. Narcissa didn't take long to appear behind him, both of them running out of the Common Room in hysteria.

Once the coast was clear, they all came out, crying with laughter.

"Did you see his face?!" Sirius snorted.

"I can't believe you dyed his hair pink!" Lyra giggled, clasping her hand over her mouth and throwing her head back.

James couldn't help but look at her. God, she's so cute when she laughs

♡♡♡♡

a/n: editing this chapter bc I did not like how this book was going. Hope y'all don't mind hehe :D