𝖝. 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔢𝔫.

𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍

♡♡♡♡

October finally rolled around after what felt like the longest September ever, and yet Lyra could not get that stupid damn wood smell out of her mind. 

She had spent nights wide awake in bed thinking of everything that could possibly be related to wood and why she had smelt it, but nothing came to mind. It had even begun affecting her classes as she would find herself spacing out and getting told off by the Professors.

James was no diffrent, having smelt grass from the Quidditch pitch, Lily's perfume and peaches. He had smelled it only once, but knew full well where it came from; it was Lyra's hair. Her stupid black silky luscious locks that smelt of peaches.

It was stupid denying his feelings any longer, I mean if a freaking love potion had basically told him he liked the girl, then it had to mean something. So, he did just that, accepting the fact he loved Lily and was beginning to fall for Lyra too.

The only thing that had seemed to take their minds of this whole thing happened to be Quidditch Season, which had finally arrived.

"How can you not like Quidditch?!" James shrieked in utter disbelief.

"I told you, I just simply don't." Lyra shrugged, sitting on the couch.

They sat in the Gryffindor common room, waiting for Sirius to finish changing into his Quidditch robes since they finally had their first match that evening. 

By her left, she had Remus, who as per usual was lost in his book, Peter sat on the armchair next to Remus, watching James lose his shit with amusement and Lily had laid down next to Lyra, Lily's head on Lyra's lap.

"That's because you've never played. You don't know what it's like to get on a broom and just fly high and fast-"

"-Don't even bother. I tried to make her play for years, she hates it."

Their heads turned to look at the stairwell, Sirius standing there with a smirk. His hair was tied into a bun and Remus couldn't help but think how good he looked in it. Lyra noticed this, a sly smile forming on her lips.

"Finally!" James groaned in annoyance. "Why the hell did you take so long?"

"My hair was so not working with me today." He huffed, his grip tightening around the broom's handle. "Well? Are we going?"

And so they all headed to the Quidditch pitch, were the Ravenclaw team and the rest of the Gryffindor's awaited.

"Okay, it's our first game, no pressure, but we better freaking win," James stated, a few second years gulping with nervousness. "You're in the team for a reason, remember that." he smiled, sending reassuring stared to the players. "What team are we?"