𝖝𝖎𝖝. 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫.

𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖒𝖆𝖘 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖞

♡♡♡♡

Lyra could not breathe.

At least that's what it felt like as she dropped to her knees, the letter in her hand falling by her side and eyes filling with tears.

This could not be happening, not now. Not when she had to get back home in a day.

"What is it?" Sirius questioned as he watched the girl in a panicked state. She did not reply, instead, she pointed towards the letter.

He picked it up and read it. And then read it again, and again and again.

"Well fuck."

-16 hours earlier-

"You know, I still don't know what I'm wearing tonight," Marlene spoke with a sigh, tapping her pencil on the table.

"Whatever you wear you'll look good." Lily smiled. "I'm personally going with a pink dress my mother wore when she went to prom."

Lyra and Marlene stared at Lily in confusion. "Prom?"

"Oh, right, you guys don't do that here. It's like a school dance and people get to chose who is king and queen of the dance." She quickly explained.

The witches nodded, still slightly confused. "Weird, but cool," Marlene said. "Anyway, I think I might just go with that blue dress I wore for my aunt's wedding."

"Oh, the one with the glittery corset?" Lily gasped in awe.

"That's the one. What about you Ly? Did you tell James what dress you're wearing so you can match?" She wiggled her blonde eyebrows at Lyra who just blushed.

"Lower your voice, will you." She hushed, looking around the empty library. "And yes, I did tell him."

The girls squealed, earning a 'sh' from the librarian. Lily widened her eyes and lowered her voice. "What are you wearing?"

Lyra just smirked. "You'll have to wait and see."

***

"Do I look okay?" James questioned, adjusting his tie as he stared at himself in the mirror. "I don't look stupid do I?" He turned to look at his best friends for help.

"Why? Want to impress a certain someone?" Sirius smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

James flipped him the middle finger and turned to look at himself again. "I just don't want to-"