𝖔. 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢.

𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

♡♡♡♡

"Well, you're fucked."

Sirius' words made James if it was even possible, more depressed as they watched Tommy Hawkins, a seventh year Ravenclaw, snake his arm around Lily Evans.

They'd all headed to The Three Broomsticks for a nice cup of butterbeer but hadn't realized that Lily and Tommy had agreed to meet there on a date, breaking James' heart.

"You're not helping, Padfoot." Remus, who was sitting in front of Peter, mumbled as he turned another page of his book, not looking up and making Sirius mimic him while pulling a face.

James sighed, bearly having touched his butterbeer. "He's right. I am fucked."

"See?!" Sirius shrieked, a little too loud, nearly knocking over his own drink over himself as he dramatically indicated at James with his hand. "Even he realizes it."

Remus, sighing, closed his book and tucked it away into his bag before turning to look at Sirius. "Well, even if you are right, there are other ways to say it."

But Sirius wasn't paying attention, as he took his wand out under the table and pointed it at Lily and Tommy who were now leaning in for a kiss. 

"Are you even list-"

"Engorgio!"

A circle of icy blue light emanating from the tip of Sirius' wand blasted over to Tommy, hitting him square in the face, making Lily yelp and pull back instantly.

"Sirius! What the fu-"

But Remus was interrupted, yet again, by Tommy, who began screaming hysterically as he felt his nose began to grow bigger and bigger by the second.

Peter spat out his butterbeer as he began laughing hysterically while James, who was now in a much better mood, high-fived Sirius, and Remus chuckled while shaking his head.

"You do realise his nose will explode, right?" Remus warned but Sirius shrugged.

"Let it. He deserves it for trying to snog James' bird."

McGonagall didn't take long to arrive, escorting the poor boy out as his nose dragged across the wooden floor. Lily trailed behind them while sending the quartet death glares, knowing fully well they were responsible for this.

That night, after Tommy's nose was back to normal, and Lily had made sure to yell a bunch of curse words at Sirius for ruining her date, the marauders found themselves talking away as the many Gryffindor students passed by the fire lit common room.

"Well, I'm heading to the library." Remus clapped, standing up from the comfy velvet couch.

"This late?" Peter asked as he munched on some sweets.

"I've just finished this." he shook his book in the air. "Need another."

"Didn't you get that book last week?" Sirius asked.

"No, that was the one before this. Do any of you want to come with me?"

Sirius and Peter shook their heads. Remus turned his attention to James, who was underneath a fort of cushions, wallowing with sorrow.

"Prongs, mate. You wanna come with me?" He crouched down next to his depressed friend. 

A muffled 'no' was heard, making Remus roll his eyes. "C'mon, Prongs. We can then go to the kitchen and grab as much food as you want, or I can let you go to the Prefects bathroom if you want."

James slowly removed the red cushion from his face, reviling his tearstained cheeks. "Can we do both?"

Remus smiled sweetly. "Of course we can."

And with that, the two boys left the Gryffindor Common Room, not without hearing Peter tell them to 'grab me something to eat, will you?'

The trip to the library was quick and quiet. James didn't really feel like talking, and Remus didn't want to bother or pressure his friend, so once they arrived, Remus darted to the 'Muggles' shelf, knowing exactly which book he wanted while James stood back, wandering around the place, hands in pockets and-

crunch

The noise wasn't really loud, but he heard it alright. He looked down, realizing he'd caused it by stepping on something with his rubber black shoes.  Removing his foot, he noticed it was a picture - or better yet, a drawing.

He picked it up the now slightly crumpled piece of paper and quickly noticed that the drawing was of him and the rest of the marauders. 

James and Sirius were high-fiving each other, while Peter held onto his sides as he hysterically laughed, and Remus seemed to be smiling brightly, a hint of amusement in his eyes. It was obviously from earlier that day, right after casting the spell on Tommy Hawkins.

James inspected the artwork back and front, trying to find a name or signature only to find the letters L. E in the bottom right corner written in black ink.

And James being, well, James, knew that he'd do anything to find out who the mysterious painter was.

♡♡♡♡