𝖊𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

Start from the beginning

Two years later

"James," Lyra nervously gulped as she entered the living room of their home

"Yeah, honey?" He questioned, not taking his eyes off the TV that had been emitting some random Quidditch game that evening.

"I-" She sat next to him, fidgeting with her hands. "We need to talk about something."

At that, James immediately turned off the TV and turned to look at his wife, a worried look washing over his face. "Did I leave my dirty underwear out again? I'm sorry-"

"No!" Lyra chuckled, resting her hand on his arm, but as soon as her smile had appeared, it left. "I-well-look." She sighed, taking out the pregnancy test from her pocket and handing it to James.

He stared at it for a while, not saying anything, worrying Lyra.

"James?"

Nothing, he didn't even move an inch.

"Jesus, James! Say something!" She exclaimed, lightly pushing his arm to grab his attention.

And then-

"I'm going to be a dad." He breathed, looking up at Lyra, wide-eyed. "I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!" He repeated, this time yelling at the top of his lungs as he bolted up from the couch with the biggest grin ever. "LYRA! WE'RE GOING TO HAVE BABY! OH, I HAVE TO CALL SIRIUS!" 

Lyra had no time to react before James was pressed against the telephone ringing his best friend. "Mate? Guess what? No, I have not bought a leather jacket - No, I don't suit it! Listen! Listen! Mate, Padfoot - Lyra's pregnant!"

Lyra was left dumbfounded on the couch at the whole scene, and she couldn't help but laugh at her husband, who excitedly talked to Sirius.

After James hung up, he rushed over to Lyra and engulfed her into a tight hug. "God, I'm so happy." He breathed, relaxing in her arms.

"James," Lyra sighed, pulling away. "I-oh my God, are you crying?" She questioned as she watched tears fall down James' cheeks.

"I'm just, I'm so happy to be with you, to form a family." He sniffed, wiping away the tears with an embarrassed smile.

Lyra beamed at the man, her eyes welling up to. "I'm excited too," She said, biting her lip before sitting down on the couch. "But, is it a good idea? To bring a baby into the world in middle of a war?"

James followed her actions, taking her hand in his. Even after years of being together, the sparks were still there. 

"Lyra, I promise to protect you and this baby with my life. I'd die for you, you know that right?" His tears had stopped and he looked dead serious.