Insanity ~ Finnick x Reader

White. That's what you saw. Everything was a vial white. That was how it always started. It would be white. Then they would taint it. Everything would become red and black. Then it would begin again.

They experimented on you, whipped you, splashed makeup on your face, and threw you in front of a camera. It happened over and over again. They were implanting ideas and thoughts into your head that weren't yours.

You were cowered in a corner. Farthest away from the door. Farthest away from the filth. The door opened and the scientists came in. The way they handled you, they were worse than peacekeepers.

Two of them grabbed your arms forcefully and dragged you to the table. The table that made everything red. You kicked your now-weak legs at them and tried to yank your arms away from them. They were to strong -- or maybe you were just to weak.

They injected you with a needle and things started to go black. This was surly new.

"Rebels... coming for... see what we've done..." Words that made no sense to you floated around. You tried to hold on as the darkness pulled you in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

More white. That's what you saw as you woke. You were on a bed, not a table. There was a very small window in this room. They had moved you. There were muffled voices outside of the door.

You felt dizzy, but you stood on your weak legs and looked for something on the table that would do harm.

You found a small knife, next to a syringe. You grabbed the knife and tried to hide it as best you could.

You went to a corner, because that's where you felt the safest. You held on to the little sanity you had left.

I am ___ ____. Victor of the Hunger Games. Finnick is alive. Finnick is alive.

The last one might have been a lie, but you chose to believe it was a truth.

The door opened and three people walked in. They didn't look like the scientists, but your brain told you they were.

One, who looked oddly familiar, approached you slowly. You stared them down.

"It's okay, ___," the voice said. "You aren't in the Capitol anymore."

The voice was familiar too. It sounded kind of like one of the other victors, Haymitch. It had to be a trick.

His face was blurred and it was just a scientist, trying out a new medication. You were still in the Capitol. You had just moved rooms. They were going to hurt you.

You shoved the person in front of you away and you used all of your strength to run to the door that was still open.

"___! Wait!" The person who had Haymitch's voice was following you.

You turned random corners in the large facility. Guards tried to stop you, but with your newfound strength, you were too quick.

"___!" It was his voice. Finnick. He was here.

You slowed down and looked around for him.

No, it was another trick. They wanted to catch you. They wanted to torture you again. And they were luring you in with his voice. You sped back up and ended up slamming into someone.

You hit the ground and smacked your head on the floor. The white floor.

~*~Finnick POV~*~

"Haymitch, what s wrong with her?" I asked as a few guards brought her back to her room.

"She didn't recognize me, or you," he said, "they must have done something to her. We are the closest things she has to family left."

"You think the Capital did the same with her as they did with Peeta?" I questioned.

"No, she didn't attack. She was scared," Haymitch answered. "She ran from us. All of the marks and drugs the docs here were able to find must have taken their toll on her."

"I wish they had taken me, not her." I turned and looked at ___. She had been strapped down onto her bed. My heart broke when I looked at what they did with her.

One of the doctors said he found the same traces of tracker jack venom in ___ as they did in Peeta. She must have not been able to tell the difference between us and the people at the Capitol.

~*~Your POV~*~

When you woke, there was still white. You tried to move but realized you were strapped down. They were going to hurt you. They were going to experiment on you.

As your tugging on the restraints turned more violent and desperate, a man rushed into the room.

"___, it's me, we aren't going to hurt you," cooed the man. His face was blurred, like all the others, but his voice was the one of Finnick. "Just calm down."

It couldn't have been him. They were just pulling a cruel trick on you. You resorted to something you hadn't done since the first day the scientists came: beg.

"Please," you choked out. "Please don't hurt me. Just kill me. Let me go. Please!"

Tears welled up in your eyes as you continued, "I don't know anything about an plan. I don't know anything! Just don't hurt him! Leave him alone! Take me! Don't hurt Finnick!"

The man stumbled back, and was escorted out of the room as someone else came in.

"Hey ___, it's Haymitch. You aren't in the Capitol any more. You are safe."

"You've told me that before! You always say that!" You cried.

"Shh, shh." The man slowly stroked your hair. The gesture made you flinch, and you shut your eyes tightly, not wanting to see what they were going to do to you. "You aren't in the Capitol. You are free. No one is going to hurt you."

You looked at the man's face again as you slowly opened your eyes. It was Haymitch.

"Haymitch?" You questioned. When Haymitch looked at you, you saw how broken he was to see you like this. "You have to leave. Take Finnick with you. Get out of the Capitol. Just leave!"

"We aren't in the Capitol, Finnick is fine," Haymitch reassured you. "You can see him if you'd like."

You nodded vigorously. Of course you wanted to see him.

Another man, Finnick, walked into the room. You wanted to get up and hug him, but you were still restrained.

"Finnick! You're okay!" Your tears turned to ones of joy. The Capitol hadn't gotten to him.

Haymitch took your restraints off and left the room.

"Of course I'm okay," Finnick muttered into your hair as he held you. "Your okay. Your okay."

He seemed to be muttering that for both you and him.

He kissed you lightly on the forehead before sliding into the small bed next to you. You rested your head on his chest and closed your eyes.

*~_*~_*~_*~_

There will be a part 2 to this, it is an AU where nothing awful happens to him 😄