I Just Wanna Break the Rules

Leo POV

-----------------------

I had the weirdest dream last night. There was no sound, but I could clearly see an encampment of monsters... and they were talking about something. I just don't know what. Something is about to happen and I don't think any of us are ready for it. I ruffled my hair in the mirror to neaten it (don't question me, it works) and put my contacts in. 

"Are you okay?" I turn around and see Anthony in my doorway. 

I pick the sleep from my eyes. "I'm fine," I lie. "Let's get to breakfast."

"Or we could go see people put their names in the Goblet," Anthony suggests. "Are you going to put your name in?" 

"No," I reply. "Merrily, Chey and David probably will though." We head down to the common room and see Paige and Pip waiting impatiently for us.

Pip scoffs. "Ugh, about time!"

"I don't know why people are so excited," Paige frowns. "Doesn't anyone remember what happened last time?"

Anthony places a calming hand on her shoulder. "The Ministry is doing a good job of forgetting." Paige just sighs.

"We're making a stop by the infirmary." I perk up. I've heard a lot about Paige's alleged boyfriend Finn and I really want to meet him. 

"Wait, where's Amber?" I ask. 

"She decided to get a head start on her day," Pip explains. We head into the infirmary and there's only one person in there. It's a fairly tall young man with brown hair and brown eyes. 

"Finn!" The guy turns around and his face lights up.

"Paige!" The two briefly kiss and then hug. Thankfully, it wasn't too awkward for the rest of us, because he quickly introduced himself and made cheery small talk.

"It's been forever!" Paige smiles. "Are you coming down to the Hall?"

Finn gives her a grim smile. "No thanks. I'll be there for the name-calling though."

"I understand." We stay and chat for a few minutes longer. Afterward, we hurry down to where the Goblet is. I scan the crowd for Merrily. Luckily, she's not very hard to miss, at least not for me. She's whispering with Chey and David about something urgent. She spots me, though, and waves me over. I quickly excuse myself from Anthony and the others and slip through the crowds. 

"What's up?"

Merrily gently detaches herself from her conversation. "I had a dream." Her grey-blue eyes are full of worry.

"Did it have anything to do with a camp full of monsters?" I ask curiously.

Merrily looks intrigued. "Yeah, it did. They were all discussing something about laying waste to the castle." 

Chey stares nervously at the ceiling, having overheard part of our conversation. "That's slightly worrying. But M says she didn't hear all of it."

You're lucky you got to hear any of it," I shrug. "Mine was completely muted." 

"What are we talking about?" Ryan pops up behind David, who was also eavesdropping, along with Nico and Abigail. David quickly reiterates what we already said.

"So we basically know nothing," Nico scowls.

Abigail scoffs. "No need to be such a downer. At least we have something."

Merrily rubs her temples like she always does when she's extremely stressed. So I change the subject to the tournament. It's not exactly less stressful when you look at it from an outsider's angle, but three deadly tasks are the least of our problems.