Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"Local law enforcement are still stumped by the discovery of two men, found murdered in the garage which they co-owned. Initial reports suggested that they had been killed by animal bites, but the M.E. confirmed this afternoon that the bite marks are more like human teeth than animal.

"They also revealed that they found the blood of a third person at the garage, enough blood that they couldn't have survived the attack.

"Bayville Police have asked that if you have any information regarding the missing victim, the recent animal attacks, or the bizarre murders at Newsome Garage, to please call the number on your screen."

The professor shut off the TV.

"What do you think, Chuck?" Logan asked.

"It seems that no one has put us at the scene, which is good news. We must hope that in the absence of any further murders or attacks, that the case will die down."

"And the fact that they have Rogue's blood?"

"They believe her to be dead. As long as Rogue is alive, or at least, appears to be alive, they should never have a reason to check her blood against the blood at the garage."

"I hope you're right, Chuck," Logan said, sounding far from convinced.

Rogue could feel both her hands being held as she woke up, and she squeezed their hands as she smiled.

"Did you feel that?" She heard Kurt ask.

"She's smiling," Remy answered.

"Rogue?"

Although she hadn't opened her eyes, she could feel Kurt's shadow fall over her face. "Can't a girl get some shut eye without attracting an audience?" she smirked as she opened her eyes, blinking slightly against the harsh fluorescent lights.

"I was so worried about you," Kurt told her, his eyes shining with emotion.

"I'm sorry I worried you," she said seriously.

"How do you feel?"

"Gimme a chance to find out, will ya?" She tried to sit up but both her hands were still being firmly held. She looked down, intending to give them a pointed look, then she saw that not only was Remy holding her bare hand, but so was Kurt. Instinct told her to snatch her hand away and thanks to her new strength, she succeeded, but Kurt looked hurt.

"Are you nuts? I couda killed you!"

"No you couldn't, Rogue."

She turned to Remy with a questioning look.

"Your new vampire powers include greater strength over your mutant powers. I don't know how or why, but every mutant I've ever known who was turned, had more power and greater control."

"So she really did kill me then, that wasn't a dream?" Rogue said softly.

"Yeah."

"And now I'm a vampire?"

"Yeah."

Rogue looked down at her hand as though it was an alien artefact. She held it out to Kurt again, who eagerly grasped it. Rogue looked from their clasped hands, up to his face, the biggest smile anyone at the mansion had ever witnessed forming on her lips.

"Oh, Kurt!" She tore her hands from both Remy's and Kurt's grasp, then pulled Kurt into a hug, running her hands across his back, neck and hair. "Your fur is so soft," she said.