Chapter Eighteen

"You think she believed it?" Chen asks.

"She's a very clever girl, but she's letting her emotions cloud her judgment. She'll bring us your daughter." Clouse points out.

"Good Job, Chamille." Chen smiles as Chamile turns back into her original form.

"I did what you wanted. Now let me go." Chamille demands.

"Alright, Alright. Clouse, let the girl go." Chen commands, and Clouse unties her.

"Now we wait for that girl to bring us Skyler."

•••

(Y/n) was walking back to the abandoned house with the bucket filled with water in her hand.

"Okay, you can do this. I'm sure Skyler will understand." (Y/n) takes a shaky, deep breath.

"Who am I kidding? She'll hate me afterwards. Why am I even doing all of this for that stupid Green ninja? Oh, right. I decided to turn over a new leaf." (Y/n) says frustrated and kicks a rock.

(Y/n) walks inside and is greeted by Skyler. "What took you so long?" Skyler asks.

"Sorry, I got distracted." (Y/n) says making something up. "I got the water though. It's not as clear or as good as the water we usually drink but it's better than nothing."

A figure walks out from the kitchen and (Y/n) recognizes him immediately.

"I wonder what happened to this place?" (Y/n) felt anxiety rise in her.

"Oh, (Y/n). You're back."

"Kai? You...found us."

(Y/n) wasn't sure if she should tell them the deal she made with Chen. Could she really betray both of them? She found it more difficult with Kai here.

"Where are the others?" (Y/n) asks as a drop of sweat slides down her face.

"I'm not sure. We all separated, but Lloyd was with me. I told them I found you guys, and they are on their way here." He answers.

"And where is Lloyd now?"

"Last I saw him, he was fighting off Chen's minions so I could escape and then I found this place." Kai explains.

"We have to go help him." (Y/n) says hoping she could get Skyler alone.

"I don't think that's a good idea. If Chen captures Skyler, Chen will have a powerful army at his side. The best option is to stay here and wait for the others to arrive." Says Kai, and he gets some water from the bucket. (Y/n) furrows her brows.

"What if Chen has already figured out where we are? How do you know you weren't followed? What if they're doing terrible things to Lloyd?"

"I think you're just being paranoid. It's going to be alright Lloyd is pretty strong. And beside, you have me." Kai say with a wink. Skyler rolls her eyes.

"I agree with Kai, (Y/n). We need to lay low for now." Skyler says as she puts a hand on (Y/n)'s shoulder for reassurance.

•••

(Y/n)'s POV

What should I do? If I don't bring Chen Skyler, he's going to kill Lloyd. But If I tell Kai, he could help me, right?

He still doesn't trust me though. He might think I'm lying. But if he doesn't think I'm lying, I won't have to betray Skyler and we could still win.

"(N/n), are you alright? You've been spacing out a lot since you've come back from the creek. Did something happen?" Skyler asks with a concerned expression on her face.