Chapter Five

Lloyd's POV

I turn to Cole with a disappointed expression on my face. "You don't have to say it. It was inevitable we were gonna have to face each other. May as well be Jay. This fight's been a long time coming." Cole says from behind the bars.

"I just wish we had enough time. I'm not at peace with this, but that doesn't mean you still can't find peace with each other. We don't have control of when we fight, but we do have control who we fight. Jay's not your enemy, Chen is. Remember that." I say trying to give him some advice.

"Lloyd?" I look around to find who called my name. I see (Y/n) walking up to me out of breath.

"Hey. What's up?" I ask.

"I'm sorry I couldn't prevent the fight. We didn't get the book. They knew we were looking for it" She apologizes.

"There's nothing you could've done." I say to cheer her up.

(Y/n)'s POV

Chen knew they were going to try and get the book to stop the fight because I told him. Me and him made a deal. I have to gain the trust of the ninja's so they will tell me everything, then tell Chen about them so he can stop them. If I do this, he said he'll get me back home.

All of a sudden, music starts playing, and the crowd goes wild. The bars keeping Jay and Cole apart slowly go down, and the two ninjas get ready to fight. We all take our seats so the fight can begin.

"Let the Tournament continue! Jay, Master of Lightning versus Cole, Master of—" Chen announces but gets cut off by Jay and Cole rushing into battle.

Jay shoots lightning at Cole but he dodges and hits the ground, sending an attack Jay's way. "Ha, ha. That's all you've got? Least valuable ninja!" Jay antagonizes.

"Eat dirt, blue-belle!" Cole fires back and the fight continues.

•••

"Stronger than you thought, eh? That's your betrayal flowing through my veins." Jay says as they are playing a game of tug-a-war with their powers.

"I'm looking forward to the peace and quiet when you're out of the tournament." Cole says and knocks Jay down.

"This should be the part where they stop fighting each other for real." I whisper to myself, watching the fight intensely. It's even better watching it in real life!

Wait...I don't remember this.

Cole slowly walks towards Jay. "We used to be good friends! And I'm sorry. I was upset about losing Nya, but I take blame for that. I was more upset about losing you." Jay says as he tries to get up.

"Save it. I know you're just saying that so you can catch me off guard and win. You've always been jealous ever since Nya and I got closer. " Cole says, his voice laced with venom.

Cole uses his elemental power of Earth to hold Jay down to the ground. Jay struggles to get free. Cole jumps up on the little platform where the Jade Blade is and takes it.

"Cole!" Jay yells as he looks at Cole with hurt and pleading eyes.

"Jay's not your enemy, Chen is. Remember that." Lloyd's voice echoes through Cole's head.

"Chen's the enemy, not you. I'm sorry I didn't realize this sooner. I never meant to hurt yo-" Cole says trying to explain himself.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Winner!" Chen says pointing at Cole. "Loser!" He points at Jay.

"The Master of Earth moves on."

Chen presses a button on his chair that activates a trap door, making Jay fall down to then be put to work in the noodle factory.

Cole looks at the Jade Blade ashamed. "This is all my fault. I should've listened to Lloyd." He says, tightening his grip on the blade.

This was not how it was supposed to happen. Why are things not going the way they are supposed to?! I barely even changed anything. I guess one little thing can change everything.

This might actually be better cause now Cole won't find Zane.

3rd person POV

"Something just touched me. Something just touched me!!!" Jay panics.

"It was probably just a spider. Don't worry about it." An elemental master says. They had lost one of the fights that took place a couple weeks ago and was sent to the noodle factory.

"Don't worry about it? How could I possibly not worry?!!!" Jay yells back. "When I said I wanted to have fun, making noodles in a noodle factory was not what I had in mind! I was supposed to find Zane and-"

"You're overreacting."

"Be quiet." One of the guards commands.

Jay continues to chop up noodles using a machine. He sighs as he thinks about his fight between him and Cole.

"What did I expect? That no good, dirt bag, girl stealing-" Jay says to himself but stops and sighs.

"He's still my best friend...I trust the others will find Zane so we can get off this island."

(Y/n)'s POV

"What happened out there? You told me the Master of Earth would lose." Chen says sitting in his throne-like chair.

I chuckle to myself. "Things are changing, Chen." My smile grows seeing his confused face. "This might actually be fun, well for me. Not knowing what will happen. Things are finally getting interesting."

"Do the ninja trust you yet?" He asks.

"I need a little more time to win them over. Don't worry....I'll have them wrapped around my little finger soon." I say twirling my index finger around an imaginary string. 

Chen laughs. "Good." Skyler walks in not long after. "Hey, (Y/n)."

"Hey, Sky. I was just talking to your father." I say. Skyler looks at both of us suspiciously. "A-about what?" She asks a little scared.

"Come here, child." Chen motions for Skyler to stand next to him. She walks over hesitantly. He smiles at his obedient daughter.

"Soon...I'll have all the elemental Masters' powers. Isn't that exciting?"

Skyler looks down. I can tell she truly loves her father, but she doesn't want the same thing as him. She looks back up at her father and puts on a smile. "Yes, it's very exciting, father."