Chapter Sixteen

"I hate to admit it, but maybe Chen losing his army wasn't such a bad thing." Kapow says to Chope as he holds his spear.

"I know, I was thinking the same thing!" Chope agrees as he's also holding his spear.

"Look at us. We're in his inner circle!"

"And he trusts us to guard his daughter."

Skyler had been listening to the conversation as she had nothing else to do. She's being held captive by her own father. Skyler moves the chains that are around her wrist and attached to the wall, making a clanking noise and getting the attention of the two guards.

Kapow and Chope gasp as they thought she was trying to pull something to escape.

"I have to scratch my face." She says.

They both look at each other not really knowing what to do. They use one of the spears to carefully scratch where it itches.

"Thank you." Skyler smiles.

"Garmadon and the ninja will pay for what they've done." Clouse says sitting next to his unconscious pet snake.

"Yeah, yeah, so what? They beat up the big snake a little. He'll wake up soon. The Blade-Copter should be fixed by now and I have to get off this island. You serve me, remember?" Chen says impatiently.

"He's not a snake, Master, he's a serpent." Clouse corrects. "And might I remind you my pet never betrayed us. That was your daughter."

"Leave her out of this. She held up her end of the bargain and used her powers to break them up. It's not her fault she got a little boy crazy at the end." Chen defends.

"That's it. She's absorbed all of their powers. How could we be so blind? Right." Clouse realizes.

"We're not blind. We see clearly. And what is it that we see so clearly?" Chen asks clueless.

"Master, perhaps there's another way to get what you want."

•••

"Psst, Skyler." (Y/n) whispers, trying to get Skyler's attention while the guards aren't looking. She peeks her head around the corner, where she has been hiding.

Skyler looks around to make sure no one is watching. "(Y/n)? What are you doing here? How did you find me?" Skyler whispers.

"I followed Chen down here. I'm going to get you out of here, I promise." (Y/n) replies in a whisper.

Skyler smiles, feeling safe at the thought that there's someone she can trust, someone that still cares about her.

Chen walks towards Skyler and (Y/n) quickly hides. "Free her." Chen demands.

"Uh, but Master, she still has her powers."

"And I still have the power to stuff you in a fortune cookie! Free her now!" Chen says annoyed.

"Skyler, how dare they tie you up. I blame myself for your slip in judgment." Skyler is slightly confused by her father's actions.

"It wasn't a slip in judgement. The Ninja were right." She says angrily.

"And I was wrong. Wrong to steal their powers. Wrong to want to transform myself into a snake. Wrong because you needed a father and I wasn't there." Chen says looking down sadly and then smiles with his teeth.

Skyler knew something was up. He wants something from her.

"You think my powers can still turn you into Anacondrai." She says figuring it out.

"You have absorbed the powers of every elemental fighter." Clouse explains.

"But the staff crystal was destroyed." Skyler says.

"And the crystal was obtained from the crystal caves here on the island which we can go to now to complete the spell. We have everything we need to make everyone happy. Isn't that great news?"Chen beams, and Skyler's mouth opens in shock.

(Y/n) has been listening to the whole conversation, waiting to make her move.

"But this isn't just my power, it's all of it. Taking everything from me could hurt me. Or worse." Skyler says backing up as Chen moves closer to her.

"Heh, no plan is perfect." Chen says, not caring about the consequences.

"You care more for your power than your own daughter." Skyler says, her eyes filled with hurt. All she's ever wanted was to feel wanted by her father. To make him proud. She now realizes that that will never happen. He will never change. Not for her and certainly not for anyone else. All he's ever wanted is power. To be in control.

"Without power, I'm insignificant. Is that what you want? An insignificant father?" Chen asks. He feels that without power, he's just a nobody. The bad part isn't the fact that he wants power, it's what he decides to do with that power for why he shouldn't have power.

"I never had a choice, did I? You should have never taken off the chains."

"Get her!" Chen yells.

(Y/n) decides it's time to make her appearance and starts beating up some of the guards.

"What? How long have you been here?" Chen asks confused.

"Long enough to hear your plan." (Y/n) replies. She grabs Sykler's wrist, and they both make a run for it.

Clouse tried using some spells to stop them but they dodge.

"Well don't just sit there! Go get them!" Chen yells at his minions as they sit in pain on the floor from (Y/n)'s attacks.

They slowly get up and rush to catch up to Skyler and (Y/n) using the vehicles. Clouse gets a vehicle ready for him and Chen.

"Why didn't anyone ever tell me raising a daughter would be this difficult?" Chen says angrily as Clouse pulls the vehicle up next to him.

•••

The master of speed rushes to the group of ninja. "Chen just figured out Skyler's powers can finish the spell. She's in danger." He explains.

"He's replaced his elemental staff with the elements in his daughter." Garmadon says.

"Where?" Kai asks impatiently.

"Other side of the island." the elemental master of speed replies.

"I'm going after her." Kai declares as he runs to a vehicle.

"(Y/n) is with her too." He says.

"We'll get them both. Jay, Zane, you take the Mech and Buggy. Cole and I will take the Roto Jet." Garmadon says as they all head towards their assigned vehicles.

"Lloyd, you've got your elemental dragon. Lloyd?" Garmadon says. He turns to look at Lloyd, but he's already created his dragon and is leaving.

"Nya, how fast will she go?" He asks.

"Fast enough." She replies and starts the engine.

"Everyone else stay here and guard the camp. Let's get a move on!"

"Ninja go!" The ninja yell as get on their way to find Skyler and (Y/n).