Chapter 27: Weaknesses and Secrets

Start from the beginning

Hagakure crossed her arms and then said with confidence, "Easy then. Ojiro-kun doesn't have much range and is at a disadvantage against those with sharp weapons."

Ojiro sighed before saying, "While I will agree with my lack of reach, did you forget about my new gloves?"

Tooru asked, "What about them? I thought they were for updating your look."

"Nah. I got these made to counter blades and other sharp objects. I mean they won't stop an attack head-on of course, but I can safely deflect them away unlike before," Mashirao replied.

Izuku had figured that was their purpose. The tailed teen started using them once the new term started. Ojiro must have asked for them after the run-in with Monoma, and they were produced over the summer break, Midoriya thought.

"While they were a good addition to your hero suit, Hagakure-san's point still stands about you were having to deal with such threats head-on as well as your lack of ranged options," Eraserhead said as he leaned against the whiteboard beside All Might. He then said, "Midoriya-san you're next."

"Oh um, I guess Uraraka-chan's issue is closing the gap with her opponent," Izuku quickly thought up. He was so caught up with thinking about Mashirao, and he hadn't realized what he would need to say about the others. It was just the first to pop into his head.

Ochako looked intrigued but also confused upon hearing this.

Aizawa twirled one of his hands as he said, "Go on."

"Once she can apply her quirk to her opponent it greatly hinders them. The problem is if she is dealing with someone that is naturally faster or has methods to keep a distance, it makes it extremely difficult to apply zero gravity," Midoriya explained. He said this because of Uraraka failing to get ahold of him during their last training. Izuku knew that not every scenario would require an outright brawl with a villain, but since the previous two exercises were strictly battle focused, so it felt relevant.

"Agreed," Eraserhead said bluntly. He pointed at Ida and said, "You're up."

Tenya thought for a moment before saying, "I believe Yaoyorozu-chan's folly is the time needed to create objects. Correct me if this is not possible of course, but I think investing time with your quirk in a way to create many tools at once would be worthwhile. Focusing on creating commonly needed items before a battle might be beneficial. At least in a one-on-one scenario, this gives fewer openings for your opponent."

"Hmmm, I can make multiple things at once, but I never considered making them in advance," Momo responded.

"This could also assist your teammates as well," All Might stated while nodding.

Aizawa gave a nod before saying, "Fair enough. Now-"

But before the homeroom teacher could say anything more, Momo interrupted with, "While I think Midoriya-kun's range issue isn't as problematic as it is with Ojiro-kun due to being faster, I still think he needs to figure out a way to attack enemies from afar."

The former pro hero said, "To be fair, beside Ida-san and perhaps Yaoyorozu-san, everyone in this group has problems with range. But we will go over possible solutions to that another day."

Midoriya was about to say something about his potential fix to the problem, but a glance by All Might got him to reconsider and say, "You're right. I noticed this problem first hand back during my internship."

The room went quiet for a few seconds before Eraserhead cleared his throat and said, "Ojiro-san, if you would please."

"I believe Hagakure-chan's quirk is counterproductive in some ways when it comes to stealth. Teammates can't tell where she is all the time and if she says where she is it gives away her position," Mashirao explained with a smirk.