19: Don't Touch My Wrist!

Let Me Down Slowly - Alec Benjamin

_____________________

This morning was not like Jungkook's usual mornings.

He was more so used to waking up alone, maybe a little cold, hugging his pillow as he pictures it being a familiar body instead. He was used to the sun caressing his face from the blinds and to hear Jimin talking on the phone with Joshua from the kitchen.

Well, the last part did happen, but everything else was more so different.

When he flutters his eyes open, he's meet with a pair of chocolate almond eyes staring back at him with a small smile. Jungkook instantly would've landed a punch across the guy's face if it wasn't for the familiar peachy hair on his head and the tattoo under his eyes that he saw through his blurred vision.

"Good morning."

It didn't process Jungkook fast enough as to why Taehyung was on his bed beside him in what appeared to be so early in the morning. Then that's when all memories of last night just flashed through his mind in a hectic spiral, nearly giving him a damn headache.

A spiral that just felt too dreading in Jungkook's mind. It's almost as if he could still hear those loud screams and angry shouts spiraling his head, buzzing his ears with a faint ringing.

Last night was the first night he's ever seen Taehyung this angry, even though he was just drunk.

And Jungkook never wants to see him like that around him ever again.

As Jungkook blinks those memories in his head, he spots a faint bruise on Taehyung's right eye. Clearly it's healing, only giving the impression that it was much worse before.

That must've been from the fight...

"Morning," Jungkook murmurs lowly, letting his eyes adjust to the light of the room as he slowly raises a hand, caressing a thumb under the bruise, "How are you feeling?"

Taehyung instantly twitches a wide smile, as if everything that happened last night was just a facade dream, "Good. I just took a shower, so I'm feeling good."

Jungkook slowly nods, unable to stop staring at the bruise on his face, "Why did you get arrested Taehyung? All you had to do was stay here with me....... What happened?"

Jungkook knew he was overstepping some boundaries, but the least he deserves is an explanation for why he just left so suddenly that night.

The sudden tension of the room shifted, filling it with a heavier feeling dread that is clearly meant to stay in the dark, a subject almost forbidden to speak of. That much Jungkook could tell when Taehyung suddenly pulls away from Jungkook's hand, turning the other cheek, "Nothing. Just got into a fight."

No shit.

"More so you were looking for it. You left here in a hurry. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't just leave like that to get wasted and get in a fight with someone that quick," Jungkook retorts back, making Taehyung's face grow much tenser to his words.

Jungkook just knew he wasn't going to get anything out of him like this, especially when he slides off the bed to get to his feet to leave.

"What I do is none of your business," Taehyung huffs annoyedly, "Forget it, I'm leaving-"

Jungkook shoots off the bed in panic and grabs his wrist, yanking him back to his chest, "Wait Taehyung-"

Big mistake.

"LET GO OF MY FUCKING WRIST!"

It almost felt like Jungkook's head nearly snapped off his neck when a sudden punch is launched to his face, sending it to the side with a breathless gasp choking out of his lips in surprise.