So little life

Kaede wrapped a clean bandage around you as the bleeding wouldn't cease. Rin piped up through her fountain of tears. "Lord Sesshomaru can't you use the Tensaiga?"

Hope wormed it's way into his heart, he unsheathed the sword and swung it down on the bloody wound. He waited but nothing happened.

He tried again. Nothing.

Again and again. Still nothing.

His brow creased and his lips formed a frown. His fingers clenched the handle of the Tensaiga. "Why won't the stupid sword work?!" He threw it across the room, it lodged itself in the wall.

His eyes became slits, he shoved opened the door of the hut and stormed out. Jaken watched as bags formed under your eyes and you became paler. Your (s/c) skin having an awfully grey tinge to it.

Kaede applied pressure to the wound and ordered Jaken to get another cloth. She couldn't keep the pressure with her old bones. So she tied a knot around the stained red bandage. The bleeding did not completely stop but it slowed.

Jaken felt his eyes water.

Sesshomaru pondered on why the Tensaiga would not revive you. He thought and thought about it.

Suddenly the words of Jin came flooding into his mind.  "No! You'll never be able to bring her back to life no matter what you do! Thats the price for her breaching the deal, no matter what life she takes it will last forever! I'll make you watch her die again and again!"

The bastard had uttered one last spell before he was sealed into the lake. Before Akemi's soul had departed the world of the living.

He ripped up chunks of grass as any hope faltered inside him. His heart already cracking at the seams.

Inuyasha leaned on the wall of the hut outside. Watching his brother fall into a deep despair.

Kagome laced her hand in your limp one, her eyes followed your shallow breathing. She knew Tabitha and Alex would be tossing in their bed if they knew the state you were in.

Sesshomaru dropped to his knees, dizziness caused a wave of nausea to come over him. His body toppled to the side as his vision blurred to the point of a black out.

Inuyasha called out his name but the sound made it seem like his brother was talking underwater. He heard the faint thumping of feet and more calls of his name. Inuyasha sounded genuinely worried.

The after effects of Jins poison were taking hold.

Kaede ushered Inuyasha to lay him down, "I can treat this because it is only poison."

Inuyasha sighed thanking that there wouldn't be another casualty. Kagome prepared bowls of warm water to place on the demons forehead.

Kaede made a mix of herbs that would cure the fever Sesshomaru was coming down with. She mashed them together using the pestle to crush them into a paste. Using boiling water to liquefy the paste. Kaede blew the steaming liquid once cool enough. She proped Sesshomaru's head up and eased the brew down his throat.

In his conscious he could feel something warm and quite foul being forced into his stomach. He knew the taste would linger on his tongue when he awoke.

For now his being was in the world of dreams. You stood before him dressed in a beautiful, (f/c) kimono with (any pattern or design).

Cherry blossoms falling from the branches all around you. He walked up to you a centimetre between you both. A scarlet moon replaced the shining sun. The sky drenched in the colour of blood.

The smell of it filled his nostrils, he gazed back at you and found the pretty kimono drenched in red. Your hair and skin was slick with crimson.

He found his arm embedded in your stomach. The red caking his skin too. Wet and sticky inbetween his fingers as he pulled his hand out.

Your voice was cold and full of accusation. "You killed me."

He shook his head, "no I didn't I tried to protect you!"

Your tone held no love, "you killed me Sesshomaru just like before."

"No I-"

"I loved you, I trusted you."

He backed away from you as it looked like a rain of blood had soaked you. His eyes brimmed with tears, "I would never hurt you." He whispered.

Your voice now lacked any humanity and took on a demonic ring. "You killed me!"

He was frozen to the spot when you lunged at him. The white of your eyes black and the pupils scarlet like the sky. A gaping mouth open to attack, strands of saliva coating the fangs now present in your gums.

Sesshomaru woke up with a deep gasp. Lathered in sweat as his nails had dug into the bedding underneath.

Eveyone looked at him with pity and concern. But an expression on Kagome was different from eveyone else. It was an indescribable sadness.

"What is going on?"

Sango opened her mouth first, "you were tossing and moaning in your sleep."

He glowered, "I was asking Kagome, what is going on?"

She didn't answer just stared where you lay.

He snarled, "Kagome!"

Inuyasha shot back, "don't shout at her!"

"Then give me an answer!"

Kaede turned around finally her body still blocked his view of you. She handed him a flower with many white petals on its vibrant, green stem.

"What's this for?" He demanded.

Her wrinkled face was sullen, "I'm sorry."

His temper burst, "What for?!"

She shifted aside and said, "she's gone..."

His heart shattered like glass, Kagome held your motionless hand

His heart shattered like glass, Kagome held your motionless hand. Cold as ice when he grazed his knuckles against your colourless cheek.

Droplets of water wet your skin, Sesshomaru heard Rin screaming and crying as Inuyasha took her outside.

That's when he broke. Sobs came in a howl as he buried his face in the crook of your neck.

Kaede spoke again, "I'm sorry she passed away while you had blacked out."

Now guilt started to build on the foundation of negative feelings gathering in his chest.

He was not even near you when you had died. He would never deserve you in any lifetime.