the secret is slipping

Birds chirped happily in the morning, you awoke extra early to make breakfast. Sesshomaru seemed to be in a rare deep slumber. So sneakily you raced to the river. Fish swam hurrily along the stream.

You rolled up the hem of your sleeves, diving into the water to try and grab some fish. They all flailed out of the water as you disturbed the peaceful current.

"You are really bad at that." Thinking it was Sesshomaru you freaked out and stumbled. Falling bottom first into the water.

You looked to spot Rin, she smiled while laughing slightly at your clumsy antics. "I could help you, you know?"

You smiled too, "that would be wonderful."

So you and Rin caught some fish the little girl more teaching you then anything else. Rin had a stack of 10 fish she had caught thrown in the bank.

You...well about 6.

Sighing you wiped the sweat from your brow. "I think with all the fish we have it's enough for a couple of days!"

Rin grinned. Then splashed you.

"Hey you little twerp!" You splashed her back, eventually tossing around in the water. Chuckling as you were both now soaking wet. "Let's go cook these up before Mr grumpy wakes up."

You rotated the fish over the fire, Sesshomaru caught the whiff of meat being cooked. His eyes slowly fluttered opened. "(Y/n)?"

"I'm right here."

His head turned and saw you cooking the fish, how he didn't notice you wake was beyond him. "You actually are cooking for once."

You rolled your eyes, "I'll take that as a compliment." You took the stick away from the flames, blowing gently on the smoking seafood.

He went to reach for a piece but you slapped his hand away, he growled. "What was that for?"

"Ladies first."

She gave one fish to Rin then Jaken which he was quite insulted to be called a wimp basically.

Sesshomaru raised a brow, you smiled a blush creeping across your cheeks. "I want to try something."

"And what might that be?"

You took a deep breath, "can I...feed the fish?" His heart did flips and it pumped a million times faster. "Yes you may."

He sat down and folded his arms together. You shuffled closer to him, the fish wedged inbetween your fingers.

The tip of the fishes fin touched his bottom lip. Your arm began to shake as nerves set in.

You ignored the loud drumming of your heart, he gripped the tail of the fish and bit down. Tearing a piece and chewing.

"How is it?"

He smiled, "amazing just like you."

You hid your red face and smirking grin, he noticed your fish and threw it to A-Un.

"Sesshomaru I was supposed to eat that!"

He held his fish in his teeth and said, "I know."

You huffed and got up to cook another fish but he pulled you back down next to him. "Sesshomaru for f-"

"Share this one with me."

You blinked surprised, "you want me to eat your fish? While it's in your mouth?"

He nodded.

"Mmm." You felt angry at him.

"Well?" He asked wriggling his eyebrows a tad.

You immdiealty latched onto the other end. Chewing as he began to as well. The more the fish was eaten the closer your lips got. Both of you had eaten into the middle and Sesshomaru held that firmilair glint in his eyes.

You couldn't take anymore and let go of the fish, covering your mouth. "Y-you have the rest."

You went over and focused your attention on the fire. He layed back and watched you unconsciously muttering.

"Everyday your more like her."

You froze, "more like her? Who are you talking about?"

He gritted his teeth, shit.

You then looked at him and asked again, "who are you talking about and how am I like this girl?"

He felt the mood go tense his movements were stiff. "I just meant...Rin."

Your anger began to bubble to the surface, "tell me the truth! I'm not stupid!"

His brow creased, "just a girl in my past...she's long gone. "

Your face fell, "You still won't tell me..fine...ok."

You did not speak to him for the rest of the day.