Chapter 24

The moment you've all been waiting for! This chapter was almost painful for me to write, as I hate doing this to Dylan, and my other characters. Again, I will warn you it is extremely heavy, and angsty. I went all out with imagery, and pulled everything together, from the beginning of the book until now. I really hope I haven't disappointed you guys, and that this chapter is all you have been hoping for. Let me know what you think. :) The next update shouldn't be too far from today, so keep an eye out. Anyways, *drum rolls* chapter 24 everybody! 

-A

I rushed up to the deck of the boat, struggling to keep myself in an upright position as it rocked violently in the waves. As soon as I broke through the dry comfort of the cabin, I was greeted with cold, wet rain, and towering waves that crashed against the bow.

"How did we get thrown off course?!" I struggled to shout, with the howling wind being my opponent.

"I don't know, Cameron said he set the boat in a specific direction, but when he returned to the cockpit, it was several degrees off! We were designated to go right past the edge of this storm, but this slight shift has caused us to go right through it!" Perry shouted out as she tried her best to tie down some equipment.

"Xander, you work with Cameron on navigating us out of this mess! Audrey, I need you to take anything and everything you can, and store it all below the deck! Dylan, attach this rope to the cleat, and stretch it across the deck of the boat so we have something to hold onto if things get too rough! Be sure to secure it tightly, otherwise we could all get pulled into the water!" Perry gave the orders swiftly and calmly, throwing a rope at my feet from the pile she had been using to tie things up.

I picked up the soaking wet rope, and rushed over to the cleat on the port side of the boat. The constant rocking from the waves was making me nauseous with both sea sickness, and nerves, causing my fingers to fumble clumsily. My hands shook as I tightened the knot as far as it could go, and ran as fast as I could to the opposite side of the deck. I secured it to a metal latch near the cabin doors, yanking on it to make sure it wouldn't slip free.

"Role call, when your name is called, tell me if you are secure, or in need of assistance! Dylan!" Perry announced

"Secure!" I shouted back

"Audrey!"

"Secure!"

"Cameron!"

"Secure!"

"Xander!"

"..."

"Xander, are you secure?!"

"..."

There was no reply, and my heart pounded in my ears as I looked all around for the blue-haired male.

"Cameron, he was supposed to be with you, where the hell is he?!" Perry shouted, panic now discernable in her voice.

"He was supposed to be with me?! I haven't seen him!" Cameron shouted back, seemingly distracted, probably because he was trying to work on the navigation system.

"Fuck! Everyone but Cameron, search for Xander!" Perry ordered.

We all did our best to search every nook and cranny of the boat. I slid the doors to the bathroom open. Nothing. I checked the closets, the cots, the lab. Nothing. Our searches had led us all back up to the deck of the boat, where the three of us stood facing each other with looks of dread.

"NO! I refuse to let another member of this team drown!" Perry shouted, running to the starboard side of the boat to search the angry waves. Audrey followed closely behind her, looking more worried than I'd ever seen her.