Chapter 30

Chapter 30

*Zayn's POV*

After closing off the twit-cam and logging out of Twitter, I decided to check out some of Alex's files and stuff. Not that I'm a stalker or anything. I was just curious.

I went to her documents and clicked on a file called My Life. The first thing that came up was a picture of Alex and I when we were about 13. She was wearing her ballet outfit and we both had massive grins on our faces.

My mind drifted back to that time

*Flashback* 

Alex and Zayn, aged 13

"I'm really nervous, Zayn." Alex said. She was shaking and her knuckles were white. 

"You'll be fine, I promise." I said, entwining our fingers together and squeezing them.

We had been here since 9am it was now about 2-ish.
Alex and about 200 other girls had come to audition for a place in this prestigious dance school for girls aged 13-17. If she did well in this, she would be accepted for one of the best dance schools in Europe, then continue her dancing career. 

They had danced every style of dancing you could think of but there was only 1 style left. Ballet.

This was Alex's weakest point. She had did well in every other dance but there was a specific turn in ballet she couldn't do.

"Look at all these girls.They are totally gorgeous." she said worriedly gesturing to a tall, blond girl that walked past. I shook my head.

"They may be gorgeous but you are beautiful." I whispered. Alex tried to smile but her lips wobbled slightly.

"Plus, they might dance like drunk elephants anyway." I said, trying to relax her. She giggled and nudged me.

I looked around at the backstage room. There were many girls here and they had brought family and friends to support them. Alex only had me. Her parents were too busy and Mum had to watch the girls at home.

"Alexandra Walker next to the Stage please!" A lady called out. I felt Alex tense up again. She stood up and took her glasses off, handing them to me. 

She always thought her glasses made her look uglier and the judges would think less of her, which is definitely not true.

"Go on. You can do it." I encouraged her. I walked with her to the wings of the stage and she went on stage.

The judges talked with her for a few seconds then the music started playing.

I'm not a pro at dancing but I knew she was doing amazing so far. It got to the point where she had to turn. She tried but fell. The music went off and I saw the judges write something.

I ran on stage, ignoring the person tell me to stop.

"Can I help you, young man?" one of the judges said to me. 

"Can I please just talk to her for a moment." I asked The nodded briefly.

I turned to Alex and helped her from the floor. She was looking at the ground. I tilted her chin up so she was looking at me.

"Alexandra. You can do this. I have faith in you buy you need to have faith in yourself. Follow your dreams. Promise me you will have faith in yourself." I whispered.

"I promise Zayn." She said quietly.

"Keep your head up and dance." I told her. I always said that to her before she danced as something to motivate and encourage her.