I. Back to Basics

Summary: After their term as the president and vice president, respectively, Rodrigo and Leni goes back to their own quiet life. Leni began to miss his humor and realizes her feelings for him that she keeps invalidating before.

A/N: I saw a trend on Twitter about Dubredo. Enjoy this short story! Xo

She watched him walk away for his comfort room break as she sat quietly with her cold hands seeking warmth from her hot cup of tea. She couldn't help but watch the time and wait for the day to be over. It was very disturbing because she should be enjoying having a hot beverage date with a good man who's been consistent with her for over a month already.

Ralph has been their good friend and he has been transparent with his admiration for her. He wooed her seriously after her term as the vice president. Leni looked outside through the glass wall of the cafe, tightened her coat to sustain the temperature of her body during the cold season.

Ano bang problema? She asked herself as she had a moment with herself in her bed. Dahil ba ito naging masyadong perfect si Jesse kaya yung standards ko hindi ko maintindihan? She had some time think it through but no matter how many times she fathoms into it, she lands into the conclusion that it wasn't Jesse's traits that she's looking for now that she opened herself to dating again.

She was looking for a man with wit and dominance that doesn't mind being inferior at times for her. A man with a liberated humor but is filled with respect. A man she can rant to and cry to then make her laugh afterwards. A man who isn't ashamed of looking all up for her. A man who would be proud of having her as his lady.

"This is the third time that I have greeted you my lady." His voice echoed inside her head urging a small smile to sprout on her lips.

Digong. She recalled all his quirks.

A slight sting on her chest bloomed as she recalled an incident before when they were still seated as the highest leaders of the country.

She has always rejected Digong whenever he would profess his feelings for her during their term. She has been confident that their positions would require him to give her attention and trigger his fondness of her no matter how many times she rejects and ignores him. She never thought a day would come that she would actually miss him around.

Ang buong akala ko optional lang siya saakin pero bakit ngayon parang hinahanap ko yung mga biro niya? Nakakamiss yung mga banat niya. She sighed the pain off her chest.

She regrets not being able to reciprocate the affection he consistently showed her since day one. She thought he deserved being treated better than hearing her say how she's not and will never be interested of him when all he did was make her feel special.

Kung pwede lang ibalik yung panahon. She told herself and continued reminiscing.

"May boyfriend ka ba ma'am?" She remembered him asking her before. She smiled at how direct he was, "wala sir. Wala rin akong plano gumanyan ganyan." She responded to him before lowkey shutting off his intentions. "Wala sir. Bakit po?" She wished she said.

"Ma'am kung pwede ka sana magdinner tayo para magkausap tayo ng matagal tagal." He had hopeful eyes. "Ah, uuwi kase ako ng Naga sir kasama ko yung mga anak ko." She lied. "Kahit kasama sila sa dinner, I would love to meet them." He smiled. "Sige po sir kaso kapag umuwi nalang si Jillian para kumpleto sila." The dinner never happened. She always laid a false excuse whenever he would invite her. She thought she didn't need to please him. He was obviously into her and he showed a huge range of understanding towards her, little did she know that she was slowly being spoiled by him.

She felt bad for making him feel unwanted all along. She was aware of her appreciation and fascination of him but she would always play hard on him and ignore the idea of her being amused by his character. She made him his entertainment, the guy who's all up for her despite of the number of times she rejected and laughed about his admiration.

He has always been serious about her while she made fun of him. Laughed with her friends about how he's trying so hard to get her attention even if he was already the president of the country.